Journey

Happiness is a Journey, not a destination.


Namaste.

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

The Laboratory 2010

Last night was the "Fall Festival" carnival at my Mom's school. I've always loved to go to the events at my Mom's school, and now that Cole is helping out my Mom, it's even more fun.

This year, the weather cooperated. It was nice and sunny, and the perfect temperature. The carnival was set up very well, the games were great. My ONLY complaint was the organization of the ticket selling and the food area. If any of my readers are involved with the H Guy Child PTA, here's a little feedback...consider doing ticket presells....have more than one place people can buy tickets, and consider having a "different" ticket just for the food...oh, and make sure there's enough tickets to actually purchase. When people have to wait in line 20 minutes to buy tickets, it takes away from the fun of the event.

I was lucky, because we were setting up the Lab, I was there early enough to get my tickets before the huge line formed. Cole got the lab set up, and we tested the lighting...

From September 2010

The video of the "show" is posted on his blog...

I took Alec and Talia out to enjoy the fun. Kyle stayed to help with the Lab. We ate dinner...
From September 2010

Alec Rocked Out to the music...
From September 2010

The kids got their faces painted...
From September 2010

Alec wanted a "scar with blood"
From September 2010
(he didn't want to wash it off last night, and even though I told him to this morning, I got distracted and I think he snuck out of the house with it still on his face)
Talia wanted a Butterfly...
From September 2010

We played most the games, and the kids won lots of candy. We did the bounce house and the "big slide"
From September 2010
From September 2010
From September 2010
From September 2010

When we spent all our tickets, I let Alec and Talia play on the playground while I checked in at the Lab.

My Monster...
From September 2010

It was a really fun night, my Mom made a really good amount of money for her class, and Cole was pleased with how things turned out. We all came home and crashed into bed, exhausted, but happy.

1 comment:

Rachael said...

You know one of these years you are going to have to dress up and be a monster too.

Sounds like lots of fun.