Journey

Happiness is a Journey, not a destination.


Namaste.

Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Years Eve 2011

I was happy not to have to work New Years Eve this year.  I really wanted to cook a turkey.  I never get the leftovers after attending Thanksgiving, and I always want to make turkey soup with the carcass.  I watch for turkey's to drop to less than a dollar per pound after Thanksgiving, buy one and stick it in the freezer. 

Cole hates the smell of turkey cooking (yes, he's strange) so I cooked the turkey in my roaster oven in the garage.  I was worried that too much heat would escape, so I covered it over with foil before putting the lid on. 
From December 2011

It cooked perfectly except that the skin on the breast didn't get browned.  Next time I'll wait until an hour or so in before covering with foil. 

Yum!
From December 2011


Our family
From December 2011

(I've been having a little trouble with my camera over the holiday...I finally figured out how I had altered the settings, but this picture was the best of what I had of our dinner...)

We let the cats have some turkey, which they LOVED!
From December 2011


It's our tradition to hang out at home as a family, play games, eat lots of junk food, and light fireworks at midnight. 

The boys were dying to play the Jenga game Grandma and Grandpa gave us for Christmas...
From January 2012


The boys delighted in making the tower as unstable as possible.  Talia, not so much...She put the last piece on before it fell...
From January 2012

and was absolutely devastated. 
From January 2012


We started a game of Life...and Talia got all dolled up...
From January 2012


And then my parents surprised us by dropping by with my niece and nephew.  They had early plans, but decided to drop by on their way home.  We were so glad they did!!!

The boys (Kyle, Parker, and Alec) were playing the playstation...
From January 2012

and convinced Papa to play with them!
From January 2012


Gracie and Talia played with the princesses...
From January 2012


My parents stayed for about an hour.  After that, the boys decided they wanted to play the Wii, and I didn't know if Talia was going to manage to stay awake until Midnight, but she made it...

Our Fireworks..
From January 2012


Getting ready...
From January 2012


The artillery...
From January 2012

From January 2012


The fountain
From January 2012


Happy New Year!  It's going to be a great one!

No comments: