Journey

Happiness is a Journey, not a destination.


Namaste.

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Catch Up

Wow, I'm behind in blogging this week...time for a little Catch up!

Last week, I had 3 days off in a row. I've been busy doing lots of fun stuff....I took advantage of JoAnn's Coupon Commotion last week...

From March 2010
Made some cute bows with some friends from work...

From March 2010
Made a blackout curtain for my bedroom....there's a story behind this.

I sleep a lot of days. I used to sleep with an eye mask. Unfortunately, as I've gotten older, no matter how many different types I've tried, they rub the skin on my ears raw, or I wake up with a headache, or both. Last fall, I hung a dark blanket over the window. It's worked pretty well, except that it's was such a pain to put up and down, I left it up, effectively blocking access to any natural light. A few weeks ago, while blog stalking, I saw an idea that sparked an idea for me...because I wanted my blackout curtain to be hung from hooks above the window, easily removable when I wanted natural light. I found black, tightly woven broadcloth, and these cool rings with clips....
From March 2010
I wish I'd known these existed sooner, I have so many new plans knowing they exist....
From March 2010
Also bought some D rings, and made 2 new hair bow holders (the one on the right and the one on the left)

From March 2010
Curled more ribbon to match Talia's birthday skirt and shirt...
From March 2010
And then the shirt itself...
I like the way the 3 and the flowers turned out, The crown is ok, but it's a little bigger than I wanted it. The diamond isn't placed quite right, and the pink heart lock didn't translate well...I bought another shirt, and I may try again.

From March 2010
Sunday the boys finally got to see Grandpa again (he's been really busy, so it's been awhile), and they had so much fun playing Chinese Checkers with him.
From March 2010

And tonight, something so cool happened....
Alec has had his name on the school library's waiting list for the book "Diary of a Wimpy Kid" for about 6 weeks. My same aged nephew loves the books, and I was hoping Alec might as well. It was finally his turn today...
From March 2010
He did his normal homework, finished up the book he was reading before, and then he had his Playstation time. He went out to ride his bike awhile, and when he came back in, after awhile he came to ask me a question. I thought it was going to be the usual "Can I play my DS?" but it was actually "Can I read my new book?" He read it all night...as his BookWorm Mom watched happily....it was really cool.

I have some fun plans with my daughter tomorrow...A little early birthday celebration.

5 comments:

Rachael said...

I think the shirt turned out cute. If you would we could make two layers of curtains for your bedroom, with those same hooks, and a bar. It would make it look nicer too.

I had no idea you only had the one bow holder I made, or I would have made more. I did see the spiral bows on Talia Sunday and thought they were very cute.

Oh... starting to get shaking, time to take some more pain med...

You may want to invest in some book series for Alec. You have to have at least one kids that's going to love to read too.

Mindy said...

I love it when Lynn WANTS to read. The shirt turned out cute. I think we are just our own worst critics. They also sell blackout curtain liner that you can put on the back of ANY kind of material. I use that a lot.

Cam said...

I want you to teach me to make these!!!! Will you?

Anonymous said...

totally stealing your idea for the curtains for my mom, she is looking for a quick easily removable blackout curtain! Thanks

BookwormMom said...

Rach,
That's exactly what Cole said. We will definitely be investing in that book series...

Tiff,
So glad I could be helpful! I've slept great in my almost black room the past few days....

Cam,
Of course I will!