Happiness is a Journey, not a destination.


Saturday, November 27, 2010

Thanksgiving and Black Friday Madness 2010

Thanksgiving was a wonderful, relaxing day.  We went over to my brother's house this year.  Our dinner was delicious as usual.  Brenda took on the primary dinner responsibilities of the turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, yams, and vegetable, and made a perfect meal!  It was sooooo yummy!  I made rolls and jello, and whipped a quart of cream for the jello and the pies.  My mom made her mini pie shells, with chocolate and lemon filling.  Yum! 

After dinner, we all sat around talking for awhile, reminiscing and laughing, and missing my sister and her family, who didn't join us this year. 

From November 2010

Cole left about 4:30 to head to Michael's for a gift we wanted that was a killer deal...and then home to get a nap in before heading out for "Midnight Madness"

The kids played...
From November 2010

This was the only pic I got of my boys, they refused to hold still (I'm glad they love playing with their cousins though)

My princess was a bit more cooperative...
From November 2010

From November 2010

From November 2010

My niece Gracie wanted to be in the pictures too...
From November 2010

Beautiful Girls...
From November 2010

Watching football..
From November 2010

My nephew Parker thinks he's hilarious!
From November 2010

Mom, Brenda, Kyle and I had a blast playing Nertz...
After awhile, my brother and dad joined us "girls" and Kyle (it's so nice that he's old enough now to play games with the adults!) for some Scattergories...which was fun despite the fact that I am way out of practice...

I left my brother's with the kids around 7:30.  When we got home, Cole was still asleep, so I tried to keep the kids as quiet as possible so he could finish his nap.  I knew that we had a long night ahead of us. 
Cole woke about 8:30, we discussed our shopping strategy, put the kids to bed, and I tried to take a nap...
Cole went to Walmart to wait for the deal we wanted that was starting at midnight.  I dozed a little, but finally gave up around 12:15.  I got ready and waited for Cole to get home so we could go to Target. 

We got to Target around 1:40.  We both dressed in layers, the warmest stuff we own, and I had handwarmers and toe warmers, but it was 11 degrees...It was cold.  Bitterly cold.  We did meet some really nice people in line, and had a good time chatting and strategizing (some of them were first timers!) Once again, I have to compliment Target on the way that they organize their Black Friday place to shop.  By the time 3:30 came around, I was so, so was all I could do to see the end in sight.  4 am came, and we headed in...we got exactly what we wanted, and got checked out in time to head to Kmart. 
Kmart had something I wanted for Kyle's birthday.  We got to Kmart right as the doors were opening, found what we were looking for, then had to wait to get checked out.  We got home around 6:30, and I crashed into bed, and Cole crashed on the couch.  I was still cold to the I heated a rice bag to take to bed with me...after awhile, I finally got fully warm again. 

After recovering (somewhat), I put away our Thanksgiving decorations and cleaned the house in anticipation of putting up our Christmas decorations.  Cole got the tree out, and we plan to decorate it either tonight or tomorrow.  Tomorrow is 2nd Thanksgiving at my Mom's, so that will be another fun day, and maybe my boys will let me get some pictures of them. 

1 comment:

Rachael said...

You two are insane! I'm glad you got what you were waiting for. :)