Journey

Happiness is a Journey, not a destination.


Namaste.

Thursday, November 25, 2010

What I've been up to...and Happy Thanksgiving!

So, I realize I've been slacking in the blogging world.  It's been "downtime" here at my house...the calm before the holiday storm arrives.  It's been slow at work, so I've had time to accomplish a few crafts...

These bracelets for my cousin Andrea's little Payton
From crafts


These bracelets for my sweet niece Dani...
From crafts


Plus a bunch of bracelets for a baby shower gift...

I also stretched my jewelry making creativity to make this...
From crafts

I found the pendant at a craft fair a couple of weeks ago, and fell in love on site...I had a vision of what the completed necklace would look like, and I came pretty close to my vision.  My husband also really liked it, so that's a bonus!

Then, I've been working in stages on these pretty bows...
From crafts

Ever since Morgan taught us how to make these, I've been wanting to make more.  I made them a little smaller this time, because I discovered that the larger ones look GREAT on headbands, but I have trouble getting them to sit right in Talia's long, thick hair.  The slightly smaller size is more versatile for us.  I actually made 3 sets of these (18 in all)...a set for my princess, a set for the previously mentioned baby shower, and a set for my daughter's good friend Kimmy...

I really had a good time making them, despite the fact that I'm not the most talented crafter. 

On this Thanksgiving morning, I find myself feeling very blessed and thankful.  I am thankful for the most wonderful husband, who is my very best friend, partner, and soul mate.  I am thankful for the 3 beautiful, sometimes frustrating, and healthy children that the Lord has entrusted me to raise.  I am thankful for parents who have always loved and supported me, even when they were unsure of the choices I was making.  I am thankful for all my Grandparents, both living and not, who have taught me so many things through out the course of my life.  I am thankful for my second mom and dad, (Cole's parents), who are the best "in laws" I could ever hope for.  I'm so blessed to have amazing brothers and sisters both by birth and by marriage, who love and support us.  Not to mention all my nieces and nephews, who are the cutest around!  I am thankful for good friends who I can trust...who I can count on through thick and thin, who I can depend on to have my back.  I am so very thankful for our warm house, the ability to put plentiful food on the table, and for being able to afford some wants as well as all our needs.  I am thankful for the Gospel, and the light and clarity it brings. 

Oh, and this morning, I'm especially thankful for a dentist who's willing to take a few minutes out of his holiday to meet me in his office to fix my broken crown...so that I can enjoy my holiday dinner.  I'm off to meet him now. 

Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

Rachael said...

You're so sweet. Kimmy loves them.

I have a cute picture I'm going to post on my photo blog.