Journey

Happiness is a Journey, not a destination.


Namaste.

Friday, December 23, 2011

Skiing!

Kyle was given the option of having a small birthday party with friends, or me taking him skiing for a day.  It didn't take him long to decide he was dying to get back up on the slopes, so we headed out early the morning of his birthday to Snowbasin...

From December 2011


Most the snow was man-made, but that didn't dampen our spirits...
From December 2011


Kyle's only been skiing a handful of times, so we started out slow, heading up Little Cat first so he could feel comfortable.  One run later, we were heading up the Becker Lift...

From December 2011

From December 2011


From December 2011


He was great on the easier runs, but wasn't anxious to try something any harder.  I love to eat at the Needles Lodge, all the way at the top, so I dragged him up the gondola for lunch. 
From December 2011

From December 2011


After lunch, he had to face his nervousness.  As I was watching him attempt to ski the harder stuff back down (mostly falling), I realized what he was doing wrong.  I was able to explain it to him and even help him.  We went up the gondola a couple more times, and he did  much better.

My Shadow
From December 2011


On the lift

From December 2011


We had a beautiful, sunny, amazing day together.

No comments: