Journey

Happiness is a Journey, not a destination.


Namaste.

Sunday, December 25, 2011

Christmas Eve 2011

It was my year to work Christmas Eve this year.  We started out the day with the breakfast Cole makes for his family. Right before I went to work, we opened our traditional Christmas Eve gift...

Talia...
From December 2011


From December 2011

She was thrilled with her gingerbread girl nightgown!

Alec
From December 2011


Kyle
From December 2011


Cole
From December 2011

From December 2011

From December 2011


Me
From December 2011


Awwwww
From December 2011


Cole took the kids to Christmas Eve at my parent's house...
From December 2011


From December 2011


After a yummy dinner, they played "Spoons"
From December 2011


And opened a gift that Santa left on the doorstep...
From December 2011


And this is what my Christmas Eve in the NICU was like...

At about 5pm, we got word a possibly super critical infant was going to be c-sectioned.  Our staff immediately jumped into action...

Naomi getting ready to draw labs from the baby's placenta...
From December 2011

From December 2011

(yes, I wore the hat all night.  I believe in being festive.  I remember the year I spent both Christmas Eve and most of Christmas in the hospital.  Even though it was for a happy reason---Kyle's birth---It was still hard to be in the hospital during the holidays.  The nurses I had were so good to be festive and not grumpy about working the holidays.  I always strive for the same, to give my patients' and their families the best possible Christmas in the hospital experience). 

And this was our night...
From December 2011

From December 2011

Some of the best, most experienced people I have ever worked with all pulling together to take care of an extremely critical infant.  I am blessed to work with the VERY BEST doctors, nurses, respiratory therapists, and CNA's. 

We Life-Flighted the infant, and then the rest of our night was pretty slow.  My family brought me the dinner I'd missed, and we had to get a picture of me and Talia with our twinner hats...
From December 2011


After work, I came home to find this...
From December 2011

From December 2011


It looks like Santa came!

No comments: