Journey

Happiness is a Journey, not a destination.


Namaste.

Friday, April 1, 2011

Four

How is it that time has passed so quickly, and now my baby is Four?
From April 2011

No longer a baby except to me and her daddy, she is such a fun little person. She is still sunshine personified, with a bit of attitude and "drama queen" thrown into the mix.
From April 2011

We decided to have a "friend" birthday party for her this year, so our Friday was busy. I had trouble sleeping the night before (for some reason, I kept replaying the night I was in labor with her over and over in my head...definitely my easiest and best labor experience) so Cole let me sleep in while he got the kids off to school and started getting things ready for her party. After I got up, I got to work making frosting and decorating cupcakes for the party and of course, her birthday cake.
From April 2011
From April 2011
She really wanted a Littlest Pet Shop birthday...she loves her little animals. I couldn't find supplies locally, so we had kind of a conglomerate "girly" birthday party...princesses, pets, flowers, butterflies...it was a little hard for me, my type A personality coming out wanting everything to match, but she was happy!

From April 2011
From April 2011
We got all ready for the party...we started off decorating tiara's...
From April 2011
From April 2011
(intense concentration)
From April 2011

Then we played "Stick the ladybug on the Poster"..which I have no pics of because I was the one helping the girls...

Finally we had a pinata, lovingly made my my wonderful husband.
From April 2011
From April 2011
This girl really knew how to whack a pinata...
From April 2011
From April 2011
Despite Cole's efforts to make the pinata weak enough for the little girls to break it, it was still too strong. We had to call in a "heavy hitter" to take it out...
From April 2011
From April 2011
From April 2011
(I had to post all those pics...I love his expressions as he tried to take out the pinata!)
Gathering the loot...
From April 2011
Then we opened presents (and she loved them all, Thanks!), and had cupcakes!
From April 2011

After the friend party, we did some damage control. Later, Grandma and Grandpa joined us for pizza. Talia opened her present from them...
From April 2011
She was thrilled with the clothes, coloring book and crayons!
Then she opened her presents from Mom and Dad...
From April 2011
From April 2011
Butterfly wings, "Tangled", Clothes, and Sandals...she was so excited!

Finally it was time for the cake. She'd been asking for it all day, so excited to get her new pets to play with...
From April 2011
From April 2011
(the best pics I've ever gotten of any of my kids blowing out the candles...I LOVE my new camera!)

We enjoyed cake, and then we watched "Tangled" for the first time. Talia told me it was "the best movie ever!". Talia kept telling me what a great birthday it had been..."and next time on my birthday, I'll be 5!"

Thankfully, not for another year. :)

1 comment:

Rachael said...

Sounds like sweet little Talia had a great birthday.