Journey

Happiness is a Journey, not a destination.


Namaste.

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Family Time...

My family has a tradition of going up to Strawberry Reservoir to see the salmon spawning...they swim upstream, bright pink/red, against all odds, to get to where they think they'll lay their eggs...(only to have them collected by the Fish and Game people).  The past couple of years we've missed it for various reasons, so when my dad found out they were running, he quickly arranged a family road trip...

It was past naptime when we left, so it only took about 10 minutes for this girl to be out for the count...
From September 2011


The boys found ways to occupy themselves on the drive..
From September 2011


And then, I made my husband irritated by using the self time to get some pics of the 2 of us...
From September 2011

At least none of the faces or obscene gestures he made got captured on camera :)

We arrived, and started to look around...unfortunately we  missed the peak time, but we still saw a bunch...
From September 2011

From September 2011

From September 2011


Logan...
From September 2011


I managed to capture this one jumping the last hurdle on "film"
From September 2011

From September 2011

From September 2011


It seems so simple, but I  love watching them struggle to get past the current, some of them even trying to jump the wood barrier...and I cheered every time one made it.  I actually saw quite a few make it over...and a few get sucked back down as well...

From September 2011


In the collection facility...
From September 2011

From September 2011


My family stood on this bridge forever, throwing grasshoppers off to get the big cutthroat trout to come to the surface...I'll admit, it was fun to watch!
From September 2011


The colors are turning up in Heber...I can't wait til they start down here!
From September 2011


After we saw the salmon, my dad treated us all to dinner at The Hub in Heber.  It was pretty yummy.  It was fun to spend the afternoon with my family. 

No comments: