Journey

Happiness is a Journey, not a destination.


Namaste.

Friday, January 8, 2010

Out with the Old....

And in with the new. It started with New Years, and continued on....

It's been busy. We spent a very relaxing New Years Eve together as a family. I had time for my usual "year ending ritual". We played board games with the boys. I cooked a turkey dinner (which was deliciously heavenly) and we had tons of snacks and treats. Cole and the boys played Risk (I DO NOT play that game, I don't have strategic ability in that form ;)) and I played the PS3 while listening to their game, along with referree-ing at times. At Midnight, I kissed my soul mate, hugged my boys, gave my sleeping princess a kiss, and we lit off 1 pretty big firework. It was all we had, we never got back to the stand for the 24th of July, and we didn't have time for a trip to Evanston.

On New Years day, I spent time in my journal, plotting out my goals and aspirations for the coming year. I got called off from working (which made it the ONLY holiday I didn't work at least 3 hours of this past holiday season). We spent a great afternoon at Cole's parents, eating good food and enjoying good company.
From January 2010

Talia loved playing under Grandma's kitchen table...and she loves the "tiara" hair comb she got for Christmas...

Over the weekend, we finished cleaning up Christmas, and ruthlessly cleaned the house. I'm not typically harsh about this, but I was in a mood, and no one in our house escaped helping. Even Indy seemed to know I meant business, because he stayed out of my way. Of course, he got cleaned too...Cole gave him a desperately needed bath.
From January 2010

From January 2010

Indy spent the day cozied up to Cosette, trying to get dry and warm....and he hissed at Cole a few times. :)

Monday Cole went back to work. The kids and I spent a lazy day at home, preparing for "real life" to start again on Tuesday.
From January 2010

From January 2010


And now to the second phase of out with the old, in with the new....

Old....
From January 2010


I've had this camera since the Month after Talia was born. I've LOVED it. It's been a great camera. However, I dropped it several times this summer, and since then the pics have not been quite as good. It also is only 7.1 Megapixels, and I've wanted some more. I've loved it so much, I wanted to get another Canon, so I've been looking around at different models.

The new
From January 2010


This camera is really cool, I'm really liking it so far. It has a 3 inch LCD TOUCH SCREEN. The touch screen functions make it really user friendly, it has 12.1 MP's, and a 5x optical zoom. It has a bunch of neat shooting modes, and the fact that it came in purple was just icing on the cake. (I swear, I was planning on buying it and when I was comparing prices, I noticed it came in several colors. I was pretty excited purple was one of the choices, as it's my fav color). I've only had it a few days, but I'm looking forward to playing around with all the different features it has. I already love the touch screen...you can do everything with the touch screen if you want to (or you can use the buttons to page through). You can "page" through your photos with just a touch. Cool.

Wait till you see the pics of the 5th grade ski day...next post!

2 comments:

Mindy said...

Isn't it fun to get a new toy? What a nice new one at that!

Rachael said...

Cute camera, I love mine. Though it's not the touch screen. I also love the purple. I'm still getting used to mine and still playing with all the features as you can tell. :)

The best way to find out what setting do what is to pick one subject, take a picture of it using every different setting. Then you have a library of what year camera can do for you. Also, if you know your camera inside and out it is much easier for you to change the settings when you need to. It all becomes secondary to getting the perfect picture. :)

I wish you luck! :)