Journey

Happiness is a Journey, not a destination.


Namaste.

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Build-A-Bear

Last year, I decided to make a tradition to take Talia to Build-A-Bear every year for her birthday. It made even more sense to me with her EXTREME love of her stuffed animals....she has so many, but insists that they all sleep in her bed with her, and knows when one is missing. She is so sweet with them...they are her babies.

I wanted to go to the Gateway, but the weather was snowy, so we headed down to Fashion Place Mall. We met my sister for lunch at the food court, and then we headed over to Build-A-Bear.

From March 2011

She went straight to this cute, pink bunny with daisies on it. (I was glad, because it's the seasonal limited edition animal, and I thought it was really cute!). She did waver for a moment at a sparkly purple bear("it's your favorite color, Mommy!)...but I knew she would be happier with the pink bunny.
From March 2011

She picked a heart for her bunny...
From March 2011
Gave it a kiss...
From March 2011

Then she put her heart in her bunny, and helped to stuff it. This year, she wasn't afraid to press the pedal, in fact, she thought it was fantastic!
From March 2011
From March 2011
Now it's a real Bunny!
From March 2011

Next we were off to "bath" her bunny. Last year she was terrified of the bathing station, but this year, she LOVED it...in fact, she must have given her bunny 6 baths, she kept saying her bunny was still dirty and needed another bath...
From March 2011
From March 2011
From March 2011
From March 2011
Then we perused our clothing choices. After looking at everything, Talia chose to dress her Bunny in a ballet outfit and shoes.
From March 2011
Then it was time to name her Bunny. She was insistent that she get to do it herself, but since it was typing information, I had to help...she was not happy and was a bit grumpy for a few minutes...
From March 2011
She chose the name Lexi (?)
From March 2011

Me and my best girl!
From March 2011

It was such a fun, fun day....
(Oh, and I am LOVING my new camera...I didn't need the flash for any of these pictures! How cool is that?)

1 comment:

Mindy said...

no flash is awesome.
what a fun day! i love the bunny, daisies happen to be my favorite.