Journey

Happiness is a Journey, not a destination.


Namaste.

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Flower Boss

Talia is at such a fun age.  She is learning so much, and progressing so fast...and she's watching everything I do.  Unfortunatley, that also means she's being a little bit bossy to the boys...and thinking that she's the boss.  We've had to nip that in the bud.  Sometimes I have to remind her...

Me- some kind of instructions to the boys. 
Talia- verbatim repeating of instructions in a stern voice. 
Me - Talia, who's the boss? 
Talia - Mommy's the boss! 
Me- So that means you have to stop bossing the boys. 
Talia - (pouting face). 

Talia really wants to be the boss of something, and she LOVES flowers.  Cole decided to make her the flower boss.  He let her pick out everything we planted this year and help with the planting, and she has LOVED it.  My mother in law decided to encourage this, and got Talia her own child size tools, gloves, and a tote to carry them in, along with seeds.  She was soooooooooooooo excited to plant them! 

From June 2011



From June 2011



From June 2011



From June 2011



From June 2011


Now, whenever Talia starts to get bossy, I ask her what she's the boss of.  She always tells me "I'm the Flower Boss!" and she calms down. 

She's really got a knack for this gardening thing, and if she continues to enjoy it, I'm putting her in charge of our flowerbeds from now on. 

1 comment:

Rachael said...

What a neat idea. Talia bossy? I can't picture it. ;)

That's so sweet of her to buy Talia those things and encourage it. Send Talia my way when she's ready. I need some flowers planed in my flower beds.