Journey

Happiness is a Journey, not a destination.


Namaste.

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Hike to Waterfall Canyon

A couple of weeks ago, the cub scouts were hiking to Waterfall canyon.  I haven't hiked that since I was in High School (and at the time, I thought it was going to kill me :)), and since I've been working to get myself into better physical condition this summer, I really wanted to go along.  We headed out at 9 am on the 15th...


From June 2011


The weather was perfect.  Sunny, warm but not hot...


From June 2011


With all the snow/rain this year, it was a really wet hike...most of it was near or in the creek bed....

From June 2011



From June 2011

( I was surprised I wasn't more red at this point...I was pretty hot and sweaty.  Alec, on the other hand, took off straight for the top and didn't look back...he kicked my butt!)

The waterfall

From June 2011


We made it! 

From June 2011

It felt great...and even better knowing I'm in pretty good condition.  It was a good hike, but I never felt like I couldn't make it. 

Alec got to the top...and he got a little nervous when I wasn't right behind him.  He was headed down to find me...

From June 2011


and after that, he didn't want to leave my side. 

From June 2011


From June 2011



From June 2011


The View coming down

From June 2011



From June 2011



From June 2011



From June 2011


Someday, I want to hike this peak...

From June 2011


It was really fun, and I'd really like to go again this summer.  Unfortunately, it's not a hike my sweet 4 year old could do, so we'll see if we're able to get back there. 

No comments: