Journey

Happiness is a Journey, not a destination.


Namaste.

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Sunday Night Walks

I have a thing about Sundays.  Sunday is for the Lord, and Sunday is for family.  From the time I was little, we attended church during the day, and Sunday evenings we visited grandparents.  Usually a bunch of my cousins were around as well.  The adults would talk, the kids would play, and I remember it being so much fun!

I've been lucky to be able to continue this tradition with my own children.  Every other Sunday night (when I'm not at work), we visit grandparents.  During the summer, when we go to my parents, we always go for a walk.  Our usual (and favorite) destination is my brother's house, which is 8/10 of a mile from my parent's house.  My kids play with their cousins in my brother's huge backyard, the adults sit on the deck and talk, and it seems to set a good tone for my week.  I really miss it on the Sunday nights I work. 

Hanging out on the deck...

Baby Logan

From June 2011


Gracie (with my dad in the background)

From June 2011


Adam and Logan

From June 2011


Me

From June 2011


Getting ready to head back...

From June 2011


My brother's kids almost always walk us down to the corner...

From June 2011



From June 2011


Someone was NOT happy to be leaving...

From June 2011


My Kyle is almost as tall as me! 

From June 2011

I swear he's had a growth spurt since school got out!

The fam...

From June 2011

(they barely tolerate my paparazzi ways, and only because they love me!)


From June 2011


For the first time in all the years we've been walking (4 now, I think) this is the first time we've been able to see the river from the road we walk on ...

From June 2011


Heidi and Adam...

From June 2011


On this particular night, we saw a little snake, which all my kids thought was super cool!  (so did I, I really like seeing little snakes...just not the big, poisonous ones!)

From June 2011


I can't think of a better way to spend my Sunday summer nights. 

No comments: