Journey

Happiness is a Journey, not a destination.


Namaste.

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Nine

From July 2011


Alec turned 9 today.  Where has the time gone?  What happened to my little guy, my "Monster Boo", my snuggle buddy? 

I spent a lot of time this morning thinking about my pregnancy and delivery with him...it was a difficult pregnancy, a difficult day of labor, but the actual delivery went very well.  He's still my most difficult child...but I woudn't have it any other way. 

Alec has made great progress this year, but the most amazing progress he's made is that he now eats.  Actual food.  He's greatly expanded the kinds and types of food he will eat, and he's putting on healthy weight and height.  When he was 2 his pediatrician told me he'd dropped off the growth charts for weight, and I needed to feed him more.  I was torn between laughing and crying as I answered, "If he doesn't like it or doesn't want it, he throws up.  You make him eat."  Alec has also mostly mastered his gag reflex, and frequent cleaning up of throw up during meals is a thing of the past. 

Alec loves to pretend, and can live in his own head for hours.  I was worried about him making friends because he's in his own head so much of the time...but this year he found a group of boys a lot like him, and they have a great time together. 

We had a birthday party for him at my mom's pool. 

From July 2011

From July 2011


We had popsicles, lemonade, and chocolate chip cookies (Alec's favorite).  It was proclaimed that I make the best chocolate chip cookies ever :)

From July 2011


From July 2011


I think all the boys had a great time!
From July 2011


From July 2011


From July 2011


From July 2011


From July 2011


From July 2011


I got all the kids water guns and splash bombs, and they spent 2 hours happily warring with each other...

He was excited for his presents (like all kids)
From July 2011


From July 2011


From July 2011


From July 2011



Later that evening, we had Alec's favorite food for dinner (Hamburgers)
From July 2011


Then Grandma and Grandpa joined us for Chocolate Chip cookies and presents...

Alec was so excited to open his gift from Mom and Dad, he's been asking for weeks for an iPod like Kyle's (a Nano) and was sure he was getting it...
From July 2011


Then he was disappointed when he thought it was just an mp3 player...(he didn't realize the newer iPod Nano's were small and had touchscreens)
From July 2011


I asked him why he was disappointed and he explained...and was thrilled to find out that he had the newer model...(I guess the middle child is always happy when they get something newer than the oldest child has ;) )

Grandma and Grandpa got him a docking station/radio/alarm clock...
From July 2011


Then it was time for the candles...

I baked him his own 6 inch cookie...
From July 2011


Me and my 9 year old kid...
From July 2011


Wow. 

No comments: