Journey

Happiness is a Journey, not a destination.


Namaste.

Saturday, November 21, 2009

I survived!

So, I survived my unlucky afternoon the other day. The rest of my night was uneventful. I wish I could say the same thing about last night....which was ANYTHING but uneventful. I was so glad to walk out the door this morning and come home to my warm bed and my loving family.

We've had a good week. My baby keeps trying to grow up too fast. That's life, and it's bittersweet, but she's just so CUTE!

Pretending the dish towel is a dress...
From November 2009


From November 2009


We're trying to phase out the high chair...it takes up a lot of room, and our dining area is not large. She's mostly done really well...
From November 2009

From November 2009


Until tonight, when she purposely dumped her plate of tacos on the table, and ended up back in her high chair as punishment. It will be nice to be able to get rid of it entirely.

Instead of a book report this month, Kyle had to research an ancestor and then write about his/her life. He also had to make a "paper doll" type poster and dress it in the appropriate clothes for the person and time period. He ended up doing his report on his great great great Grandpa Coop (from my mom's side of the family). I thought he did a great job!
From November 2009


Today after I got up and ready, I had a whole bunch of errands to run. I'm sure anyone who knows us has noticed the unruly state of our boys' hair. In the summer it's ok with me to just buzz it off, but in the winter, I like them to have a style. I've been trying to catch my cousin Andrea, who is a stylist, to cut their hair, but our schedules haven't aligned. She just started working at a new place, SuperCuts in Riverdale (in the strip mall to the west of Mcdonalds in Riverdale). It's really a pretty little salon. She does a great job, and I was really pleased with the results....
From November 2009

and so were the boys.

I also hit the JoAnn's...who had all their Christmas stuff on sale. I only bought 1 box of ornaments...but I really wanted more. I also bought a bunch of beads...yes, I'm addicted. After that, I ran to Target to pick up the portion of the food I'm responsible for on Thanksgiving. Then, (cue sheepish look here ;)) I went back to Lenscrafters and asked for a replacement contact lens. So now I have contacts again. The boys were amazingly good and helpful, and I really enjoyed spending the afternoon with them.

Also, thanks to knowing someone who was "in the know", the kids all got their H1N1 vaccinations last Monday. Alec and Talia will need a booster next month, and Kyle is thrilled that he won't! They also have appointments this Monday for the regular seasonal flu vaccine....maybe I will be able to rest a bit easier. At least certain family members will. ( love you TG :))

2 comments:

TiGi said...

I'm sorry I'm so paranoid about this, but...history, you know, and love. I'll feel even better when your husband can get his shot, too. 'Specially with the mutating that is happening some places.

BookwormMom said...

I didn't mean it negatively...I just know you've been worried about it(we don't want you to worry), and so have I...I'm relieved that I only have to worry about the booster H1N1 for Alec and Talia....