Journey

Happiness is a Journey, not a destination.


Namaste.

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Trick or Treat!

So, Halloween is a little different at our house. For specifics on that, you can check out Cole's blog. I mostly enjoy Halloween. However, from about 3pm to 5:30pm, I HATE Halloween. At least it was on a Saturday this year. That 2 1/2 hour time period is complete and total chaos at my house...Cole putting the finishing touches on the yard. Completing the setup. Getting the kids all costumed, makeup'd, and fed. Getting Cole all Makeup'd and helping him with whatever he needs. Going to show the grandparents (which is very important to me...so I really don't mind that part. It just adds to the chaos. I don't survive very well in home based chaos). The inside of my house always looks like a tornado hit...a mess of makeup, brushes, costume pieces, fast food sacks, and the stray fry here and there...it drives me NUTS!!!!

Luckily, that part doesn't last very long. The rest of our day and night was quite delightful.

From October 2009

I put Talia's hair up in curlers hoping for spiral curls that would last awhile. Despite the gel, the hairspray, and the hair dryer, her hair still didn't get completely dry in the 5 hours the curlers were in. So...the curls fell out in about an hour. Oh well...I guess next time I try to do it overnight.
From October 2009

From October 2009

Snake eyes, in his only pic where he could stand to wear his mask ;)
From October 2009

Trick or Treat at Grandma and Grandpa's
From October 2009

My "monsters"
From October 2009

My very own head hunter...ahh, the pride of a mother! (after all, what mom doesn't want her kid to grow up to be a headhunter ;))
From October 2009


From October 2009


Happy Halloween!

(And Thankfully, it's over...for 56 days, anyway :))

4 comments:

Rachael said...

He he he... I love your humor! Oh.. and the pictures. Talia was darling!

I thought your headhunter was so... cute huhumm... I mean awesome! You should be very proud (which I know you are). Even if that wasn't your goal for him in life. ;) lol

Mindy said...

I am glad the chaos is over too, and mine wasnt' that bad.. Kyle looks awesome!

Kristen said...

They look great! The decorations are fantastic. It looks like a lot of work went into it. Good luck with the clean up.:)

Julie said...

Cole did a great job. My kids and I had fun going through the setup.