Journey

Happiness is a Journey, not a destination.


Namaste.

Monday, August 25, 2008

Back to School!

It's that time of year again...when we say goodbye to the lazy mornings of summer, and say hello to school...and thank goodness for that time of year, because the boys were driving me crazy. Not to say we haven't had a good summer, because we have...but this last few weeks, with the heat, and no pool to go to almost every day (because my mom went on a teacher "field trip", and then she went right back to work, so the last 3 weeks she's only had the pool open on Saturdays)...the boys have been driving each other and everyone else in the house crazy. On top of that, it's been so dang hot, and Talia and Indy are into Everything...I'm ready for things to slow down a bit. The boys were actually a lot more excited to go to school than they look in the above photo...for some reason, they still don't know how to smile, both at the same time, while looking at the camera. They look sooooooooooooooooo handsome in their new clothes, though, and I did get pics of them individually that looked better.
So, since it's up, I had to get a pic of all 3 of my "monsters" in front of our countdown sign. It was actually my idea to have the sign up on the first day of school...but of course Cole couldn't wait, so it's been up for about 12 days. It's kind of in my way, but that's ok...we want the excitement to build. For more intense updates on what Cole's up to, check out his blog.
So, we had a family party for my Grandpa Roy's birthday, which is next Sunday. He's 75, and since we wanted him to be heard by all 30+ of us (with a bunch of loud children playing in the background), my aunt brought her Karyoke machine....and the minute Talia saw the microphone, she grabbed it and started dancing around...it was so dang cute!!
And just an update on Indy...he did great with both his surgeries, it doesn't even appear that his paws hurt him...although I know he misses climbing with his claws instead of just jumping.

2 comments:

Six-Pack Momma said...

Yay for school! Glad Indy did well...I know Sophie totally mellowed after her surgery. And males are easier in recovery than the females. Give him a scratch behind the ears for me!

Kristen said...

Breathe a sigh of relief now that school is back in session! Hopefully you now will have some more time to play!