Journey

Happiness is a Journey, not a destination.


Namaste.

Thursday, August 7, 2008

Through Good Times and Bad...

This weekend marks 13 years since I married my soul mate in the Bountiful Temple for time and all eternity. We've had our ups and downs, but our marriage just works for us. It's definitely not a typical marriage from most standpoints...we're not typical people. We have the most equal parenting time that I have ever encountered in a marriage. The kids would just as likely want Cole when they're sick as want me. I really think that's saying something. Some things about my Soul mate....


He ALWAYS makes a face at me when I take his picture. Then he laughs, because he is surprised that I actually took the pic of him making a face....I have many, many pics like this... And this....
But I also have wonderful memories of him like this with all our children....
And although sometimes his Halloween obsession is hard on me, I love the way he uses it to express his incredible imagination and creativity....and I love that he takes over Halloween, so I don't have to worry about it!
I think most people want to be married to their best friend...and still have chemistry and sparks there. I can honestly say, I married the perfect man for me...he understands my moods, my need for sleep (and he makes sure I get my sleep, the sweetheart :)), and the chemistry is still hot, and gets hotter all the time.....
I can ALWAYS depend on Cole. Whether it's the kids, the house, my family, or his, I can lean on him and he can hold the weight of my world. When I'm stressed, he's the ONLY person that can calm me. When we were in high school, I had tension headaches and was on a daily prescription to deal with them. When we became a couple, my headaches faded away, because he was able to drain my tensions like no one else. Cole also understands me like no one else, and I hope he can say the same thing about me. I'm very, very blessed to be his wife.
I Love You, Cole. Happy 13th Anniversary. 13 is lucky for us.

3 comments:

John and Sherri said...

Happy Anniversary! I love it.

Rachael said...

What a cute couple... You know don't see an answer for Braking Dawn that applies to me. I started it on the 2nd and finished it on the 5th.

Anonymous said...

OMG! I have a cat that looks EXACLY like your white cat!! In every way that cat looks the same as mine!!! It's insane.