Journey

Happiness is a Journey, not a destination.


Namaste.

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Going's on....

A lot going on at our house over the weekend...but first I have to explain my new "Disclaimer". Apparently, a friend of mine at work overheard a bunch of people talking about my Blog. Someone made a comment about how I posted specific info on my sex life on my blog, and how that was really inappropriate considering that I've made no secret at work that I have a blog, and that people are welcome to view it. When she told me, I think my jaw hit the floor, I was that shocked. Then I tried to remember where I had posted anything that might be construed that way....and if someone thinks it's bad of me to say that the chemistry between me and my husband gets hotter all the time, I feel really bad for them. But I'm also feeling a little betrayed, since I looked at the schedule for who was working the night the comments were made, and quite a few people I consider friends were working. I don't know exactly what was said, who actually read my last post, and who was actually making comments as opposed to just listening. I do know, however, that no one defended me, so my feelings are a little hurt.

So, now we have our own little Vampire boy. Alec lost both his front teeth on Saturday...actually, Cole pulled them out because they'd been loose for WEEKS...and we were tired of Alec being afraid to wiggle them. For the first day or so, it was really hard to understand what he was saying...but it's gotten better. And the new teeth are already poking through.... And my daughter also seems to be as accident prone as her brothers...no tears, no crying, but she came up from playing at the bottom of the stairs (we have a gate up at the bottom, so she can't get into her brother's stuff, but there's a space at the bottom she likes to play in)...
Looking like this...and I really couldn't get a great pic of the bruise on the side of her eye.
It never seems to bother her though....
So, even though I was cranky from lack of sleep, I took the boys school supply shopping yesterday. It went well, except (get ready for the rant)...Kyle is required to have a SPECIFIC model of calculator for school. NO ONE carries this model in the store, I have to order it online. It irritates me that although legally, the school isn't allowed to ask you to bring anything, I have to order online and pay shipping for this calculator that I can't easily obtain locally.
I also went through all the boy's clothes yesterday. I took everything from Kyle's stuff that doesn't fit but is still in good condition, and put it away for Alec to use in a couple of years. I had them both try on anything I didn't know for sure if it fit, and I'm pleased to report that all they really need for school is jeans (because they wear those out), and Kyle needs a few more shirts. Alec has TONS of stuff that still looks good. I will probably get him something new for the first day of school, and something new for pictures in a month or two, but that's all. I'm really excited that they haven't outgrown everything.

3 comments:

Mindy said...

boys and jeans...

Six-Pack Momma said...

There should be a chance to order the calcualtor through the school once it gets going. And Julie found them for a good deal online....talk to her.....

Diane said...

Jen, I am sorry, but I was part of the discussion the other night at work. I didn't think we were trying to make fun of you in anyway. We were discussing your blog and saying it was ooey gooey sweet. But it was more in the way we talk a lot of crap about our home lives and husbands at work as a way to vent. Nobody was offended by the sexual content. We did get carried away, and I am sorry for that. I really enjoy your blog and it has been a lot of help to me while I have been trying to start my own. I am sorry if you were hurt. I didn't mean to cause you any pain. I hope you can forgive me for being a gossip and hurting you for the sake of entertainment. Diane