Journey

Happiness is a Journey, not a destination.


Namaste.

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Miracles

I had the priviledge of witnessing the birth of my new nephew, Logan Adam, born on August 28, 2010 at 3:07am.

From Logan's Birth

8 pounds, 14 oz, 22 inches long (he's a TANK!)..

Here's the story...

My sister called me last night. She had had a fever all day, and it was 101. I told her she should call her doctor. Her doctor wanted her to go into the hospital and be induced..if she had an infection it was time to deliver the baby.

I headed down to the hospital as soon as I could, and got there shortly after 11pm. They had broken her water right before 10pm, and she was dilated to a 6+.

From Logan's Birth

From Logan's Birth

From Logan's Birth
From Logan's Birth

It seemed to progress pretty quickly. The baby tolerated labor really well, the only issue was my sister's fever...hot and cold swings, and epidural shakes. She started pushing at 1:57 am...
From Logan's Birth
(doesn't she look beautiful? I NEVER looked that good pushing, and I have pictures to prove it!)

From Logan's Birth
From Logan's Birth

Instant Love and terror...
From Logan's Birth

Heidi did GREAT!
From Logan's Birth

New Family...
From Logan's Birth
From Logan's Birth
From Logan's Birth
Perfection in a little package...

I have witnessed many births in the course of my career, but it was so amazing to witness Logan's birth in the capacity of aunt and sister. Watching my baby sister give birth is one of the most amazing things I have ever seen, second only to giving birth to my own babies.

Welcome to the family, Logan. You are already loved so much!!!

2 comments:

Mindy said...

How neat to have been able to be there! He is a big kid, but big babies are so fun.. so easy to care for. Congrats Heidi!!

Rachael said...

So I started reading this while we were driving home through Logan Canyon. I started crying while reading it. You are on lucky girl. I envy the happiness and the joy you feel for your sister. :)