Journey

Happiness is a Journey, not a destination.


Namaste.

Friday, February 15, 2008

The best plans....

Always seem to go awry at my house. So, I had planned to get a lot of errands done on Wednesday afternoon. We desperately needed groceries, I wanted to get to the hospital to see Mindy, who chose to have her baby 1 1/2 hours after I left work.....but I hadn't counted on what happened on Tuesday. I worked 2 in a row, Monday and Tuesday, and I couldn't get Talia into daycare on Tuesday. So, I figured on getting 3 hours of sleep in the morning, and hopefully a 1 1/2 hour nap in the afternoon before work. No such luck....I got home from work a little late, so I only got 2 1/2 hours in the morning before Talia woke. Then, she was whiny (I figured out on Wednesday she's cutting 3 molars), and then she refused to take an afternoon nap....so I went to work on about 3 hours of sleep. At first I was doing OK, fueled on a lot of caffeine (Diet pepsi, Sugar-free Redbull, and Diet Dr Pepper), but by about 9:30 pm, I hit a huge wall. I was exhausted. Then, we had to go down the ER and admit an RSV kid...who kept stopping breathing, so I had to put in a breathing tube and put her on a ventilator...and every time I had to gown, glove and mask I would get extremely nauseous....It's been a long time since I've been so wiped out. So by Wednesday afternoon, Talia's still cranky, and I'm cranky and tired. So nothing got done until later. I braved the roads to get a few groceries (I was out of bread, and if we don't have bread, Alec will starve since all he eats is bread and peanut butter), but I was just too exhausted to get up to the hospital, or do anything else that needed doing.

By Thursday morning, I was rested again. I had the kid's Valentines from Cole and I on the table at breakfast, and they were happy. They gave me candy, and were excited about that. I had plans to make a special Valentines dinner....there's this roast at Costco that Cole loves, and I wanted to go pick one up. The boys are also in desperate need of haircuts, so I was hoping we could do that as well...
We got to Costco, and they didn't have the roast. We got to Walmart for haircuts, and it's a long wait. Now I had nothing for dinner, it's getting late, and I'm feeling bad...I really wanted to make a nice dinner for Cole. We ended up cooking dinner together, and I had made him a special dessert, so it ended up ok. Cole gave me a single red rose, and a very nice card.

So, hopefully, I can make a nice dinner over the weekend, and the end of our night turned out just fine. It was nice just to hang out with the kids and relax together.

No comments: