Journey

Happiness is a Journey, not a destination.


Namaste.

Monday, February 11, 2008

Playing Catch Up...

So it's been forever since I've been able to post. Between work and then all the stuff to do on the weekend, it's been the last thing on my mind. Talia was sick over the weekend...running a high fever, and had diarrhea. The skin on her poor little bum is so sensitive anyway, and the first couple of days she screamed every time we had to wipe her...thank goodness for Desitin, and lots of it. We finally got ahead of the diaper rash, and the fever started. She was mostly ok once she had Tylenol or Motrin in her system, but it made for some very rough nights of her tossing and turning and whining...so of course I didn't sleep well either. Last night, when she woke in the night I could tell it was only a low grade fever, so I decided ride it out, hoping it would break by morning. It did, and she was mostly back to herself today, although a little more tired than usual.

So, Cole and I ended up going to dinner and a movie on Saturday Night, an early Valentines date. We just gave Talia her meds before we left, and told our amazing babysitter to call us for any reason if she felt like we needed to be home. Of course, all three kids were great for her, Talia was her normal happy self, and she loves our babysitter.
We went to Outback, and I was surprised they already had a 30 min wait at 5:20...ususally on a Saturday night we can get right in at that time. So, we were running later than we would have liked for the movie, and the only 2 seats left together were in the FRONT ROW....I decided to try it despite knowing it would probably give me a headache and make me nauseous. We saw "Fool's Gold", which I thought was cute and fun, (and I would really like to see it from a normal distance), and Cole tolerated because he loves me. I did get a little nauseous and had to get up at one point in the movie, but mostly it was ok. Except....I didn't realize how distorted it looks from the front row....Matthew McConaughey's normal extreme hotness was not quite so good from that angle. Anyway, it was a fun movie, and put me in a romantic mood.

So, I'm hoping to have time to scrapbook sometime this week....I have to grocery shop on Wednesday, and Thursday I want to do a special dinner for the family for Valentines....plus the boys really, really, really need haircuts sometime this week.

Today I am thankful for...
  1. Talia feeling better.
  2. Brenda, who's great to help me out with babysitting whenever she can.
  3. A husband who sat through a movie he really didn't want to see, just because I really, really wanted to see it.
  4. My new cellphone, which is really, really cool....I love grown up toys!!!
  5. My Mother-in-law and Father-in-law, who are amazing and love us and our children very much.

No comments: