Journey

Happiness is a Journey, not a destination.


Namaste.

Saturday, February 23, 2008

Purse "Tag"

First of all, The Purse "Tag"...
I had no idea how much crap I have in my purse. I just got a bigger purse a couple of weeks ago, and the amount of crap I have is proportional to the size of my bag. This new bag has lots of neat pockets to stash stuff in. So I have
  1. Wallet, Palm Pilot, and Cell phone...to keep me organized and connected and financially stable...
  2. Several Pens, 2 from the Similac Rep (the purple Alimentum pen, the black "Lava" Pen), and one from our NICU research team....
  3. 2 extra memory cards and the spare battery for my camera...and my camera is always in there too...but obviously I needed it to take the picture!!!
  4. A small mirror...just in case (I do have a bit of vanity...)
  5. Gum...I don't exactly know how this started, I'm not really a gum person...It gives me a headache if I chew it for too long...
  6. Ibuprofen and Allerclear in a ziploc bag...for headaches and allergy attacks. I'm highly allergic to cats and dogs, and sometimes an unfamiliar animal will spur an attack....
  7. Lactaid...for my husband, in case he needs it when we eat out.
  8. Scissors (?)
  9. My ipod....always gotta have Tunes available....plus my cool Skull Candy earbuds, that don't hurt a bit...in fact, I can hardly tell when I have them in.
  10. A prescription for Talia for flouride, written at her 9 month appointment in January (I kind of forgot it was in there....the lots of neat pockets hide a great deal of stuff.....
  11. Gift cards for Barnes and Noble and Texas Roadhouse....
  12. Identifcation cards for the 2 boys. They have their fingerprints on them. The rest of the info and pictures are out of date, because the school hasn't offered that service for 2 years now, but I did have to use Kyle's once, so I keep them with me.
  13. Coupons...I'm a huge coupon shopper, I can usually save about $20 using coupons....
  14. The "Prayer, Scripture, Talk" slips that I've been meaning to deliver this week....at least it reminded me to call the parents so we would have everything covered in primary tomorrow.
  15. 4 different kinds of lip gloss, and a "Makeup Eraser Pen" from Sephora that is amazing...stray smudges just go away without ruining the rest of your makeup...
  16. Aquaphor for my hands and/or lips, and a bottle of a 2 different dietary supplements I like to take...
  17. There were a few tampons in my purse as well, but quite honestly...my dad reads this blog. I really didn't need him to see that .....

So that's what's in my purse. And I do feel prepared for almost anything...of course, I usually have a diaper bag in tow as well....Maybe in a week or so we should do a diaper bag Tag....plus, I have a work bag that has some of the same stuff, plus a whole lot of other crap in it!!!!

My own adorable girl....Her shirt says "I am absolutely Adorable", but the stitching was too fine to pick up on camera...especially since she moves like lightning these days. Today she got into her diaper bag, which normally isn't a problem, but it had chocolate coins from the "Blue and Gold banquet" last night in it....she had chocolate everywhere...her face, her hair, her jammies, the floor (the laminate, not the carpet thank goodness), and all over the diaper bag and its contents....like mother like daughter, I'm proud to be raising a chocoholic. She really is the best little girl...even if her mommy's having a really rough time with her growing up. I've been very depressed this week, realizing that her "baby" time is almost gone...she's starting to try to take steps when she pulls up on something, and it's only a matter of time before she starts walking, and becomes a toddler. I never realized it would be quite this hard on me, the end of my baby days.

So, she fell asleep in her high chair a couple of days ago....she's resisting her morning nap, but obviously she still needs it in some form or other....I now have pictures of all three of my kids who've fallen asleep while eating....

And on a happy note, I've finally figured out how to insert more than one picture in my blog at different places...now if I can just figure out how to mess around with the template....

1 comment:

Six-Pack Momma said...

Cute new template! It's fun to have changes. I love it!

BTW, the school is doing the KidGuard...all my kids brought the notes home last week or the week beofre. I don't rememeber when it is because I threw them away. Call the school- I hope iot's not too late...