Journey

Happiness is a Journey, not a destination.


Namaste.

Monday, June 16, 2008

Happy Birthday to the BEST Husband in the world!!!!

This is my wonderful husband, yesterday on Father's Day. This pic was actually a fluke...I tried to take his picture, he made a face(as usual), and as I pushed the button he started to smile...so I got the "in between" face, which is actually a GREAT pic of him. We are now both 32, and, as my grandparents said yesterday, in the Prime of our lives. As I thought about that statement, I realized it's true. We're done with childbearing, and all the ups and downs that go with pregnancy. We both have good jobs and are financially stable. We are both still physically able to to whatever we want, and that's an incredible blessing, especially lately as I watch my Grandfather's sharp mind be trapped in his failing body. And as Cole's mom fights her kidney disease that is stealing her life from her. Our kids are getting older and more independent by the day, and although it's hard in some ways, it's good for all of us. The prime of our lives...


Alec's Ice cream face on Father's day...we barbequed at my parents house, and had a good time!!!
All 3 of my monsters...
Indy...he's doing really well. He's completely adjusted to our house...he's very playful, but also loves to curl up in my lap and sleep. He slept with Alec last night, which made him very happy!!!It's funny to me to watch Talia and Indy together...it's really like they're the same age. They play with each other's toys, and explore the same types of things....it cracks me up.

Anyway, for Cole's birthday and Father's day, he got an air compressor (which arrived on Saturday) and an airbrush (which had not arrived when I was last at home). So, instead of messing around with the airbrush, he build his own "web caster", which makes real looking spiderwebs. Check out his blog for full details on that little project. Cole also spent the weekend building a frame to hang "Fred" on. Fred is a full size skeleton, draped with nylon and liquid latex so that it looks like decaying skin. It's a good thing I know he's not crazy...but I can't vouch for our new "frat boy" neighbors next door!!!

No comments: