Journey

Happiness is a Journey, not a destination.


Namaste.

Saturday, June 14, 2008

Well....


I feel a little bit guilty, because despite our poll...we've chosen a name for our kitten. It's not one of the choices on the list. After I posted the poll, we were talking with the kids at dinner...and Kyle came up with the perfect name. When he said it, Cole and I just looked at each other. It was perfect. All 4 of us were in perfect agreement.....


And so, Indy was named. Although if you ask Alec what the kitten's name is, He'll tell you Indiana Jones. He's really cute, and adjusting well to our life. He knows where the water, food and litter boxes are, and hasn't had a single accident yet. He doesn't like to be alone very well...I guess that's what happens when you're born into a house with 8 people in it. He cries when he can't find one of us. But we did leave the house for several hours last night, and the kitten was fine and not crying for us when we got home. We put him on Kyle's bed to sleep last night, and he didn't move until Kyle woke this morning. One of his favorite places to sleep right now is on top of my scrapbooks...I haven't gotten a pic yet, but it's really cute. I don't know if he likes it because it's a place Cosette doesn't go, or because the kids can't get to it really easily, or just because. Speaking of Cosette...they are getting better adjusted to each other. Today they managed to walk by each other several times without resorting to growling or hissing. Cosette even allowed the kitten to approach her...until it became obvious he was looking to nurse, and she's not able to provide that. She hissed, and he got the message. But it's looking like they may actually be able to become friends. I hope so, but I would be happy if they just tolerated each other.


On the bed front....Talia did really good her first night in her new bed. With the bedrail on one side, and the wall on the other, it's really just a bigger crib for her. She slept crosswise, sprawled all over, and was happy. She fought me a little bit on naps yesterday, but we got through it and today naps went just fine. I love the way her room looks...it's so girly without being too frilly. She loves to go in her room and shut the door...until she realizes she can't get out. Then the demands to get her out come....

1 comment:

Rachael said...

That is a cute name for your kitten. Sorry I haven't commented in a while. I can't wait to see the pictures of Talia's room. What I have seen so far looks really cute. But maybe that's just because your daughters in the picture.