Journey

Happiness is a Journey, not a destination.


Namaste.

Thursday, June 5, 2008

What a weekend...

So, I worked Friday, Saturday, Monday, and Tuesday over the past weekend. By Saturday night, I felt like crap again...my cold, which had been better last week, had turned into a sinus infection. I knew I needed to be at church on Sunday, because I had missed the week before, and I really hate missing 2 weeks in a row (and I didn't know it at the time, but poor Mindy wasn't going to be there because she was sick too!), So I asked one of the docs at work to write me a prescription for antibiotics. I have resisted doing this in the past, but I knew I couldn't get any sleep, get to insta-care, and make it to church. So, picked up the antibiotics and was feeling a bit better on monday...went to work...I was tired, and there was emotional drama...I even got sleep on tuesday, thanks to Brachelle, who came and babysat my kids while I slept. However, more emotional drama on Tuesday night, sinus infection on top of that, and I was exhausted on Wednesday. Then...of course Talia didn't take very good naps....and I didn't have ANY caffeine, because I was hoping to get naps...so by Wednesday night, I had a non-caffeine induced migraine. By the time I crawled into bed at 8:30, praying for oblivion, my head was exploding and the blood was leaking out my ears...Ok, it just felt like it. I finally fell asleep after my wonderful husband came to bed and wrapped me in his arms. I slept the rest of the night, and woke up around 8 this morning...before ALL my children got up. A rarity, since my boys are early birds, and Talia is awake the minute she hears them. I spent the morning paying bills online, making a grocery list, going through my coupons, balancing my checkbook...and the afternoon grocery shopping for the month. Now my cupboards and freezer are stuffed full, I have ham and twice baked potatoes baking in the oven, and all is well in my little world.

No comments: