Journey

Happiness is a Journey, not a destination.


Namaste.

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Called Off!!! :)

I got a wonderful surprise today...I was supposed to work. We usually staff 3 RT's, but we've been busy enough to need 4 at times lately. I didn't realize it, but because of the holiday schedule this week, there were 4 RT's scheduled. Tonight, they only needed the 3, and it was my turn to be called off. I was really, really surprised, but very pleased. Especially because Kyle and I are going to the Nutcracker tomorrow with my Mom, and I wasn't going to get more than 3 hours of sleep. Now I will be rested and able to enjoy the show!

Cole and I took advantage, and went running a few errands. Later, I got to watch "The Biggest Loser"(I work most Tuesdays, so I usually Tivo it). While I was watching, I finished up a couple of projects...

Talia was THRILLED with her hat...she insisted on wearing it the rest of the night and to bed...

I also managed to finish this scarf...for me.

I actually started it while I was pregnant with Talia, but it got put away at some point, and I had forgotten about it until I got my looms back out this year to make everyone new stuff. I really wanted to get it finished in time to wear it on Black Friday, since Cole and I are meeting after I get off work to do the shopping thing...we LOVE Black Friday. So, any of my buddies out there...if there's a deal you want, and you can't get out, and we can get there...give me a call. It's definitely an advantage to have a big strong guy out there to keep the crazies from trampling you. The year I was pregnant with Talia, a few people at Target were EXTREMELY rude...to the point that one guy took a swing at Cole for trying to keep me (his 20 week pregnant wife) from being shoved around. The guy ended up being body slammed into the shopping carts for his trouble, and no one else dared mess with us. Ah...the good memories.

The funniest Black Friday memory I have is 3 or 4 years ago at Walmart...the $10 Cabbage Patch Babies. I laughed so hard...dolls were literally Flying, being thrown over the heads of the crowd to people with carts on the outside...and the women fighting so hard to get theirs. I didn't need one, I was helping people from work, so I was able to look on it with perspective. Dang, it was funny...

So, on to Thanksgiving, and the shopping madness that follows!

1 comment:

Mindy said...

Gee! One more thing a husband is good for! That was funny... the hat and scarf turned out so cute! Good job!