Journey

Happiness is a Journey, not a destination.


Namaste.

Friday, November 7, 2008

Feeling Crafty and Domestic...

It must be in the air, I've been feeling especially crafty this week. I could hardly wait for yesterday, my only non-sleep deprived day off. I decided to hit the ground running...
Talia and I were showered, dressed and out of the house by 9:30. We headed up to Hobby Lobby, because I'd already searched Michaels and Joann's here in Riverdale. I was looking for some very specific charms. And I found them...plus Yarn for a couple of other projects. Just a review on Hobby Lobby...their beading selection was mediocre, but their selection of charms was the best I've seen in my sphere of travel. Their christmas stuff is out, and they have an amazing selection. And I had to really talk myself out of a beautiful turquoise porcelain pumpking for Thanksgiving...I really didn't have anywhere safe to put it(I do have a climbing toddler), but it was beautiful. Also the wire cornucopia...I may have to go back after I get paid.
After Hobby Lobby, we hit the Layton Mall. The main reason being...I only have 2 pair of pants that actually fit. So, walked through the mall...found sweats and a thermal shirt at American Eagle, Earrings and DKNY Jeans at Macy's...on SALE! (I love nice jeans, but I have a hard time paying more than $30 for them...) A new bra at Victoria's Secret(again, I had a $10 off coupon)...A productive day. Talia and I had Lunch in the food court, then headed home.

I laid my sleeping sweetheart in her bed for a nap, and got out all my beading stuff...

I made...


The top one is A "Bridal Bracelet" for my cousin who's getting married...her bridal shower is tomorrow. It's in her wedding colors (black, white and burgundy), with the cool bridal charms I was looking for...
The middle is a bracelet for Talia...to match some of her fall outfits.
The bottome one is for me....

I also finished up a bunch of baby bracelets for a friend of mine who had a baby girl...


The Hat is for Alec, to match his coat. I also got about 1/2 finished with a hat for Kyle, and have plans to make them for all of us.

The Domestic side came in...I fixed a scrumptious dinner of Roast Beef, Mashed potatoes,and gravy...and another review here. I decided to try the new OreIda "Steam and Mash" potatoes. You put them (straight from the freezer) in the microwave for 10 min then mash as you would normally. They tasted just like I'd done all the work of boiling, peeling, etc all by myself, and were much easier to clean up. High marks...I will probably switch to those on a regular basis.

Then, Cole and I caught up on episodes of Fringe, while intermittently checking the score of the Utes game...we ended up watching the last 8 min of the game, so excited when the Utes pulled out a win!

1 comment:

Mindy said...

Didn't dare explore all of Hobby Lobby.. Peyton was brand new and eating much too frequently. Someday, maybe...