Journey

Happiness is a Journey, not a destination.


Namaste.

Friday, March 14, 2008

Finally....

So, it feels like forever since I've had the chance to post...it's been a crazy week, and every time I tried to get my computer out and post, something happened to prevent it. So, this week...Talia had her first taste of chocolate donut. Needless to say, she like it a lot, and the proud Nelson family (my mom's family) Chocoholic gene is passed on. She's also doing this thing that's driving me nuts...every time we feed her anything (meaning that we give it to her by either putting a spoon in her mouth, or placing the food in her mouth) she spits it back out to look at it, then puts it back in. This gets extremely messy with baby food...so I've been frustrated...she loves to touch her hair, so every meal ends up with food everywhere. I don't remember the boys being this messy...but they both had short hair, and Alec didn't like anything, anyway. I've been mostly trying to give her more "big people food", but I don't want her to get out of the habit of eating vegetables (and heaven knows I don't cook vegetables), so I'm trying to figure out what to do. Wednesday night, she ate 5 Wendy's chicken nuggets (inhaled would be a more accurate word), and was still hungry enough to drink 4 oz of formula. Cole gave her a taste of his guacamole and spicy pepper sauce, and she loved it. There really isn't a lot she doesn't like, and we feel really blessed about this.
Speaking of her likeing everything...the above barrette is the mate to the one that Talia swallowed on Wednesday. The dime is provided for contrast to the size. Her DUMB mother...I was trying to get the kids ready to go to the dentist, and I was really tired because I had worked the night before and hadn't gotten any sleep. Talia was fighting me while I was doing her hair. So I gave her the barrettes to play with. They were brand new, still on the cardboard strip they came packaged on. Now, I don't remember if I took them and put them away, just not high enough (I keep forgetting that her reach and will to get into what she's not supposed to are incredibly strong) or if I got distracted and continued to let her play with them while I checked on Alec and got myself ready to go. We left, and when we came home, I noticed that I was missing 2 barrettes. I didn't panic...I just picked up, figuring that I would find them. And I found 1, and after all, she was crawling all over while we were getting ready...I figured the other one would turn up as well. I hoped she hadn't really swallowed it, but I figured she might have. Sure enough, when she passed her stool the next morning, it was there. I've just been thanking Heavenly Father that it passed without incident. I also intend to be more vigilant in the future with childproofing, because the child will eat ANYTHING!
She also loves the cat to pieces...and the cat is incredibly tolerant. We feel lucky...our cat doesn't like anyone else, but she loves our family very much.

It's been brought to my attention that I focus a lot of this blog on the baby...and it's true, I admit it, because babies change so much more quickly than older kids...I guess I'll have to remedy that. I'll be posting more on both the boys soon....

No comments: