Journey

Happiness is a Journey, not a destination.


Namaste.

Monday, March 24, 2008

Thank goodness for good weather...



Spring, Spring at last!!! With the boys being off school today, thank goodness for the good weather. The boys were able to spend a good portion of the day outdoors, which made everyone happier. Cole got the tramp all fixed up over the weekend. Funny story...we needed 15 new springs, and a ladder (because Santa never brought the ladder). On friday, when my new nephew Hunter was born, I went out shopping and did some errands...and realized on my way home that I had the carseat, so Cole couldn't go buy the springs like he had planned. So I stopped at Pitchers on the way home, and bought what I needed. I went home, told Cole, and he said "Crap! I tried to call you..." he just put the next size carseat in the car (the one I've had sitting out, waiting to wash the cover) and went down there and bought what we needed. So, I had to go and return my purchase...Oh well.
We had a really fun Easter, despite the fact that I was exhausted...I took my parents to the airport in the morning, and I was really going to go to church, I was so excited to wear my new Easter dress...but I just couldn't do it. I went back to bed after I did Talia's hair and got her dressed...but the kids turned out so cute!! Later, we went to my "in-laws" for dinner...MIL did a great job with the food, all my kids ate (a minor miracle), and there was almost no tense moments...a good day at the Gilbert clan.
After we came home, I played the playstation for awhile, and Cole zonked out on the couch...then I read for awhile, because although my body was tired, my brain was wired. I had to go wake Cole up twice...and he finally stumbled in to bed around 11. This morning was nice, because I didn't have to get up at 7 to get the kids up and ready for school, so I slept until Talia woke up at 8:10. I am not a morning person, so this was wonderful for me....
Back to work....

No comments: