Journey

Happiness is a Journey, not a destination.


Namaste.

Thursday, May 29, 2008

32?!!!

So, yesterday was my birthday, and I turned 32. As I considered this, I realized that my 32nd year has tons of potential...after all, this was me at 31.... Granted, I had an almost 2 month old baby, but all things considered, look at me now, at 32...
At 32, I weigh less than I've weighed since I was 25...I look pretty darn good to myself, and that's a big boost when you realized that you're getting older. A few more years, and I will have been an adult as long as I was a child....kind of an interesting thought.
I had a really good birthday. I worked the night before(and it turned into my birthday at midnight) and the people I work with got together and we had fresh salsa and chips...and ice cream...it's always fun to celebrate birthdays at work. I got about 3 1/2 hours of sleep in the morning before Talia woke...but then she took a 2 hour nap from 9:30 to 11:30, so I got a nap then...it was great. We headed out to mom's pool in the afternoon, for our first swim this year. The kids were so excited, they drove me crazy all morning asking when we were going to Nana's...they had a great time.

Kyle couldn't wait to jump in....

Alec was a little more nervous to start with, but it came back to him pretty quicky.
Talia LOVED the water...she didn't mind being dunked, didn't mind being splashed, and stayed in a long time...she was having so much fun!!!
My little brother and me...hanging out and keeping an eye on our kids....
"Swimming Lessons" with daddy...it's really nice for us that Cole taught swim lessons when he was younger...it makes it easy for him to teach our kids.

After we swam, we came home, had Olive Garden take out for dinner, and Cole bought me an ice cream cake...oreo...yummy. He also gave me what I wanted...and external hard drive for my laptop. Now, hopefully I can transfer my iTunes to that, and free up space on our main family computer. I'm also going to transfer all the pictures onto it, so that I have another backup...just in case. My parents and grandparents gave me money, which I plan to put to good use in a couple weeks...and Mindy, thanks for the scrapbook stuff!!!
By the end of the night, I was exhausted (5 1/2 total hours of sleep, remember). I crawled into bed at 9:20, and fell asleep pretty quickly. And slept til almost 8 this morning. Life is good.

I took the kids to the library today to get some books....they were really, really good, and made it easy. Hopefully they will like the books we got...

All in all, 32 is shaping up to be the best year of my life so far. I have a wonderful, amazing husband, 3 beautiful, smart and fun kids, a great job, great friends and family....Here's to looking forward to a spectacular year!!!!

2 comments:

Mindy said...

I had to get the stuff when I saw them... they reminded me of swimming, and I knew that you'd be doing plenty of that... the words on the embellishments fit that mood too.
Glad you had a good day!

Rachael said...

Happy late Birthday! I'm glad you had a good birthday. Those are the best. Cute little water bugs!