Journey

Happiness is a Journey, not a destination.


Namaste.

Friday, May 23, 2008

So I know I've been a Slacker...

About posting this week. It's been a busy week, mostly good though. Caught my princess in a rare pouty look.... We spent the warmer days this week in the backyard.....The kids all love the tramp, and we took advantage of the fact that I was called off on Tuesday night to go get....
A new firepit!!!!
It's a propane firepit. We saw it at Target in the beginning of spring, but I just didn't have $250 to spend on it. A friend from Cole's work (thanks, Emily!!!! ) saw that it had gone on clearance for 50% off, so we ran out there Tuesday night...and because the floor model was the only one left, we got an extra 20% off...It was an amazing deal for something we have wanted for the past couple of years. We got it home, got it hooked up to the propane tank....and then Cole spent some time see if he could make the propane burn green (obviously it worked, and he was very excited). After we put the kids to bed, and it was dark, Cole and I sat out there with our soda's and talked around the light and warmth of the fire...it was really, really nice.

Wednesday morning was Kindergartgen Graduation...which was fun. I got there early enough to get a great, front row seat, with a perfect view of Alec. Talia was really good, even though she was tired and ready for her nap by the end.
Alec and Miss Ashby, his teacher...

My little "Graduate" and me...

I'm always surprised when I see pics of myself these days, My face is so skinny....I guess that's a result of losing weight, but I don't see that when I look in the mirror. I see it on the rest of my body, just not in my face....

Wednesday night, my hair appointment got cancelled, which was bad, because my hair is in desperate need of a color and texturizing...and I had to reschedule for Saturday, which ruins my plans for that day. However, I did get to hang out with the most AWESOME girls...you know who you are. Our Presidency meeting turned therapy session was therapeautic even for me, and I'm so glad to reaffirm that I can count on you girls for anything.

Thursday, I got a little irritated with the school (OK, a lot, but I tried hard not to take it out on the messengers). Alec really wanted to walk home, and since he had to go in the morning these last few days, it would be alone. I told him OK, and waited for him. Then I get a call from the school..."are you picking him up?" "No, I told him to walk". "We can't let Kindergarteners walk home by themselves". So, I dragged Talia out of her high chair, with my hair still soaked from my shower, and then of course he was in the office by then, so I had to go into the school to get him. I think it's ridiculous that I give my parental permission for my child to walk home from school, and the school (or district) refuses to let him go. When Kyle was in kindergarten, he walked home alone for 1/2 the school year, I never had problems then. I was seriously irritated.

Thursday afternoon, we saw "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull". It was pretty good, but maybe the buildup spoiled it a little for me...It didn't quite live up to my expectations. If you don't mind spoilers, check out Cole's review of the movie. We went home, went to bed, and then at midnight, the phone rings...It's my FIL. My MIL has been having blood pressure problems, and he had to go to work and didn't want to leave her alone. They worked it out, and I was so, so glad they called us....But I wish they'd let us help them more. Toni, if you read this, you're in my thoughts, and please, please, please call us for anything at all.

Tonight I'm at work, and we've been psycho busy until the last hour or so....

No comments: