Journey

Happiness is a Journey, not a destination.


Namaste.

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Wedding Bliss!



Here is a slideshow of the wedding...and I'll be putting in a few other pics here and there. It was a long, exciting 2 days, and as much fun as it was, I'm glad it's over.

After working Monday and Tuesday, Wednesday was for finishing up all the last minute stuff I needed to get done. Thursday went by quickly...I went and got my hair done, and worked on some things I needed to do in the afternoon. At 5:30pm, Cole and I headed down to Draper for the "Wedding Breakfast"...which was really a dinner the night before. Not exactly a rehearsal dinner, because there isn't anything to rehearse....
The Dinner was held at the Hidden Valley Country Club. It was family and close friends, and we had a very nice evening. All 4 married siblings and spouses sat at the same table, and we seemed to be laughing most of the night. It was kind of a late night...thank goodness the actual wedding wasn't until 3pm the next day.
From Heidi's Wedding 2


The day of the wedding dawned nice but cold. We sent the boys to school for the morning, and after lunch we dressed up and headed to the Draper Temple. It was sunny, but windy and quite cold. The temple is gorgeous(of course), and the ceremony was beautiful.
After the ceremony, we did pictures. We were freezing. Heidi's photographer prefers shooting in the shade...so we froze. The littlest kids (Gracie, Talia and Hunter) were NOT happy...we had to take their coats off for the family pictures, and they were so cold...Talia was whining, Hunter was crying, and all of us were frazzled. Finally (it really wasn't THAT long, it just seems that way when you're cold and dealing with grumpy kids) they were done with us. My brother and I took our families to McDonalds. We got the kids food and let them run around and play for awhile.
From Heidi's Wedding 2

Heidi's reception was at Cactus and Tropicals, a nursery/greenhouse in Draper. It was stunning inside. Beautiful fountains, potted plants, and greenery. She had a Pasta and Ice Cream bar, along with a chocolate fountain for her reception food. We had TONS of compliments...it was a really fun night. The kids highly enjoyed free run of the food bars...at least the dessert bars :).
From Heidi's Wedding 2

We had decided (Me, Brenda, and Adam's sister Megan) to dress all 3 nieces alike. Brenda found these darling dresses, Megan made the cute hair bows, and I made matching bracelets for the girls. They were so cute!
From Heidi's Wedding 2

My sister was practically floating, she was so happy..and honestly, so was her groom. It really was a perfect evening. Around 9:45, the bride and groom took off for their hotel, and my parents, brother, Kyle and I (Cole and Brenda took the younger kids home earlier, when they had had enough) loaded up all the presents and took them to the newlywed's apartment. We didn't get home til almost 11:30pm by the time we were done.

All in all it was a great couple of days, and it's wonderful to see my sister so happy. The only not so great things were the cold, and my feet...I wore 4 inch heels, which I don't very often(although the shoes weren't brand new, I've been wearing them for a couple of months) and my feet were killing me...and I ditched my shoes about halfway through the reception for my bare feet. My feet are still achy today. It was worth it, though...the last of my siblings is married and starting out on a wonderful adventure...what more can you ask for?

4 comments:

Kristen said...

Looks like everything turned out beautiful. As fun as it is, it sure is nice to have it over. right?!

Rachael said...

Aww... she's so pretty! I like the way her jacket looks with her dress. And her hair it's way flattering on her face. You two look cute!

Jodi said...

Darling pictures!! You are so on top of it to already have these pictures on here!!! The reception was so beautiful!! What a fun place to have a reception!! And Heidi looked so amazing!!

Mindy said...

You and your sis are so cute!! Love that pic.. I loved when we (me and my brother's and their wives) were all able to be together in the temple.. it's a neat feeling!