Journey

Happiness is a Journey, not a destination.


Namaste.

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Busy, Busy, and completely exhausted...

So, to catch up...

Worked last Thursday night. Crazy busy for most of the shift. Friday morning, sent the boys to school, dropped Talia off at daycare, went home, slept for another 1 1/2 hours...then off to scrapbook for the weekend.

Scrapbooking was really fun. I got 26 pages done! Now Talia's baby album is caught up to 6 months, and our family album is caught up to October 2006. (All that matters is that I enjoy scrapbooking, not how caught up I am! :))

When I got home Saturday, I was tired but glad to hang out with my family. Talia was especially glad to see me...and has not let me out of her sight since. I was still tired though...

I slept almost 12 hours Sat night into Sunday morning!!! When I woke at almost 11 am, I was shocked...I never sleep that late anymore. Usually something wakes me. It felt nice. I fixed a nice Sunday dinner for my family, and another amazing thing happened....Alec ate Roast beef. And had seconds. And ate 2 bites of Mashed potatoes. Without throwing up. This was an amazing day for our extremely picky eater.

Monday, it was time to catch up on all the grownup stuff. I went grocery shopping, which (because I only go monthly) was a long process. It takes me about 4 hours, between the shopping, checking out, loading, unloading, and putting away. Now that I have my food storage going on in my basement, it took a bit longer...I had to haul some of our groceries downstairs. And catalog them (So we know what's down there). I'm really pleased with how it's growing, though....

Monday night, We attended the viewing for Derek. As terrible as the situation was, I was impressed with the peaceful spirit of grief that was there. The last time I attended a viewing for a young man, the spirit of the grief was much more tragic and volatile. This time, however, there was peace in the grieving. It's hard to explain. I feel blessed.

Today, I woke exhausted again. I felt barely functional, and am still wondering why my energy levels are so low today. Tonight, with caffeine in my system, I'm hanging in there...

Lots going on tomorrow, and yes, Rachael, I plan to do the tag as soon as I can take some pics to go with it. I also hope to post a few pics of the scrapbook pages I completed this weekend...

1 comment:

Rachael said...

Sounds like your line of work is very hecktic and draining.

Thank you for the 411 on your progress with the post. Try not to make it more work that it's really supposed to be. This post is really only supposed to take a few minutes.