Journey

Happiness is a Journey, not a destination.


Namaste.

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Movies...

So, this is a little embarrassing to admit, but probably close to normal for the parents of 3 children, one of whom is a toddler. The last movie we saw in theaters was "Indiana Jones, and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull". It came out in May 2008, and we saw it a couple of days after it was released. I think Cole took the boys to see a couple of movies I didn't really care to see last summer, but the fact is...we've been out of the movie loop. We both work, and the kids are young...and when I have a night off, I don't like to leave the kids very often. When we do leave the kids, we usually have other things to do, like Birthday or Christmas shopping, etc.

Last night, we set out to remedy our movie-less situation. We got a sitter for Talia, and took the boys to see "Monsters vs Aliens" in 3D. I'm not a huge fan of 3D...the glasses are irritating to me. However, I was really glad we went. It was a good movie, a total spoof on all the old "Monster" movies of the 50's...with a really good message. There were some inside jokes that I found totally hilarious as well. The boys enjoyed it, both want to see it again.

Afterwards, we went over to Goodwood Barbeque for dinner. Since we snacked in the movie, we weren't extremely hungry...Cole and I split a 4 meat combo, and had a taste of everything. It was really good, and I really want to go back. We hadn't been there before because Cole isn't a huge fan of barbeque.

Imagine my sadness this morning...waking up to more SNOW! The weather's been so nice, and I knew we were getting rain...and rain is ok, it's a spring thing. The skiff of snow on my lawn wasn't completely unexpected...I do live on the bench...but I'm so tired of snow!

1 comment:

Mindy said...

Hopefully can convince Merrill to go and see it...