Journey

Happiness is a Journey, not a destination.


Namaste.

Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter Weekend

It was a long, fun, and sometimes frustrating Easter weekend. Of course, I had to work Thursday and Friday...Saturday I got up at 10:15 to take the kids to an Easter Egg Hunt. Kyle only has 1 more year left after this one..he'll be too old after that. So, we went...for the first time in a long time the weather was pretty nice...it was overcast, but not cold and not windy. I sent the boys to wait with their age groups, and went with Talia to her age group. At first she was really excited....
From April 2009

However, as we continued to wait, she decided that she did not want to be told "no, we have to wait until it's time". She threw an impressive tantrum (for her, the tantrum thing is relatively new).
From April 2009

Finally it was time...and the tears magically dried up! All the kids got a bunch of stuff, and so everyone was happy.
From April 2009

We dyed eggs Saturday night...which was an experience, because both Cole and I were grumpy. Me, because I was tired, and Cole because he had been dealing with Kyle's county report all weekend (more on that tomorrow). Talia dyed her hand and her shirt, and broke 2 eggs, before it was done...And there are no pics of me, because I was NOT in a picture mood.....
From April 2009

From April 2009

From April 2009

Sunday morning we woke the kids especially early to hunt for eggs...it was so fast, I hardly had time to take pics. They all loved their Easter gifts....
From April 2009

From April 2009

From April 2009

After church, we headed over to my In-laws for dinner....

Then we headed over to my parents...my dad did an egg hunt for the kids, but by the time I got out there with Talia, the other kids were all done!
From April 2009


Last night we were exhausted...but it really was a good day.

2 comments:

Rachael said...

You sound exasperated by the whole experience. Hopefully thats not the way the entire day went for you.

Brian and Staci Staples said...

Just wanted to say that I love your new family picture at the top! So So cute!