Journey

Happiness is a Journey, not a destination.


Namaste.

Monday, April 6, 2009

Weekend Wrap-Up

So, it's been a long weekend, starting with the boys being sick most of last week...
(this post will have a bunch of pics, so beware...)

Talia took advantage of her brothers' not feeling well by finding everything they don't want her to have....
From April 2009


Against my better judgement, I let Alec play soccer on Saturday morning, because he swore he was fine...
From April 2009

He actually did really well during his 8 am game, despite the freezing temperature, but when he got home he didn't want to eat, spiked a fever, and spent most of the afternoon sleeping...I really should have listened to my intuition, but I really thought I was trying to make an excuse not to take him. I had worked the night before and had to go back to work, and I really, really wanted to go back to bed.

Sunday I spent most of the morning sleeping, recovering from the limited amount of sleep I had while working the weekend. When I got up, I baked a cake (again, our family's homemade chocolate cake...mmmmmmm, YUMMY!) and decorated it again. I was very pleased, I figured out the icing tinting this time, and it turned out even cuter than the first one....
From April 2009


Talia loved all her presents. "Belle" Princess dishes from Gracie (and her wonderful parents Chris and Brenda, and my nephews too), A cute little french poodle toy with click on accessories from Aunt Heidi and Uncle Adam (it's really great to write Uncle Adam...we're so glad he's part of our family!), but the big deal present was from Nana and Papa...
From April 2009

ALL the kids were enthralled. Of course, Talia wanted it put together immediately. She LOVES it...I like it too, but I really can't wait until it's warm enough to take it outside.
My nephew Hunter was absolutely charming and adorable....
From April 2009

His mommy said he'd been grumpy, but I don't know if I believe her ;)...he was perfect at my house!

Talia has been stripping off her footie pajamas every night the last couple of weeks(at least she's leaving her diaper on!). She likes put her shoes on (both her play ones and her real ones) and the footies get in the way. I gave in last night, and put her in her very first nightgown. I bought it at Carter's a couple of months ago, and the minute I put it on her, she started twirling around. This morning, she still had it on (YAY!), and when I tried to take her picture, she started dancing all around the kitchen...

From April 2009

It really is fun having a 2 year old again. I remember Kyle being this fun, and this is the age that Alec really became fun. All the funny things they say, and the way they perceive the world around them....

I did take Talia on a little "Girl's Day" shopping expedition last Thursday. We had quite a bit of luck finding things. She loves to shop for clothes as much as I do...here's most of our "loot"
From April 2009

4 shirts and a pair of shorts for me (all a size smaller than when I bought clothes last spring, it really makes me proud of how hard I've worked :)), 3 outfits for her (to supplement the wonderful hand me downs that she's been gifted with), A new dessert decorator and a couple of decorating tips I didn't have(with my JoAnne Coupon), and Body Wash (because I had a coupon to Ulta).

This week is busy...dentist appointments, staff meeting, and I really want to clean out the storage room and make a trip to the DI...

1 comment:

Rachael said...

Talia has to be a blast to have around. Every time I go to the store and see those cute little night gowns I want to buy one (or two) for Kimmy. She's not even close to fitting into a 2T yet. And Jesse wants me to stick to a budget now ( I know can you believe it?) so I haven't bought anything lately to save for future use.

That bike is so darn cute!

Hey if you have tons of hand me downs from Talia I'm sure Kimmy would love them. She has only worn a hand me down once in her life. (white long sleeve onesies from Hayden) So why not start now while she's young and doesn't care?