Journey

Happiness is a Journey, not a destination.


Namaste.

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

"2"


I can't believe how fast 2 years has gone. I actually am doing better today than I thought I would be. It's been hard for me to watch her jump ahead leaps and bounds in her development over the past couple of months. However, she's at such a fun age, that it makes it OK.

Trying to get her to hold still for her picture...



I guess just because she's 2 doesn't mean that she will hold still...I felt pretty lucky to snap the top picture at the right time.

Talia was born at 7:17 am, after a labor that basically lasted 3 weeks. I had contractions every 3-5 minutes for the 3 weeks before her birth. My water finally started leaking just a little...and since I was GBS + and needed antibiotics, they gave me my first dose and then induced labor. She was born 4 hours after they started the pitocin. I like to joke that she was born on April Fools for a reason...she teased me for 3 weeks and then the joke was on me! She was an extremely easy baby...put herself on a 3 hour schedule from the time we brought her home from the hospital, has always been a good eater, has her daddy and brothers wrapped around her finger(and me too, I guess). She is what I would call "well rounded"...she loves girlie things, but if the boys will let her play with them, she loves to play "guns" and gi joe. She loves her mommy the most, unless I've just gotten mad at her. She has been such a blessing to our family, and we love her more and more every day.

Happy Birthday, my baby!!!!


p.s. in case you're wondering, the boys were still sick today. kyle is currently complaining about doing all the makeup homework he has, but he seems to be feeling better and hasn't had a fever since he had ibuprofen early this morning. alec is also feeling better, although his fever spiked again this afternoon and i had to remedicate him. tomorrow is my last day off, and i have some errands to run, so i'm praying they're better by morning.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

way to go on the cake!! that's awesome

Mindy said...

Happy birthday for real Talia!!