Journey

Happiness is a Journey, not a destination.


Namaste.

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Faith

I've learned over the past couple of days that my Faith is strong.

Despite glitches in the logistics, Alec was baptized and confirmed a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints yesterday. We are so proud of him, and his decision to be baptized.

From July 2010
From July 2010

Thankfully, none of the trauma/drama that was part of the day touched my son. He didn't even know there were problems, and when we asked him last night what his favorite part was, he said the warm water and going under. When we asked him if he had any bad parts, he said an emphatic NO!. It makes it easier on me to accept the imperfections of the day, knowing that he thought it was perfect. And Mindy's lesson today healed my heart a little more (thanks, Min).

After the baptism, we had a little celebration at our house with dinner. Then, my parents opened their pool for an "evening" swim, a special treat that the kids love. We all cooled off from the hot day (and the hot chapel in our building). We did a lot of Jump and Catch from the diving board, and everyone had fun!

From July 2010
From July 2010
From July 2010
From July 2010
From July 2010
From July 2010
From July 2010

3 comments:

Rachael said...

Congratulations Alec!

Mindy said...

Hey, I'm there for ya! Love ya!

UtahWarehouse said...

Congrats! I hope all is well, I miss you tons! I hope you got the clothes I left on your porch, I was afraid to ring the doorbell as I didn't know if you worked the night before! Can you believe our kids are 8! Call me sometime before summer is over and we can get together! Love ya!