Journey

Happiness is a Journey, not a destination.


Namaste.

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

An Evening up Ogden Canyon

My in-laws took their trailer up to Anderson Cove's campground for a couple of days, and invited us to come up, have dinner, and hang out one night. 

When we got there, Kyle wanted to show off his wood chopping skills...
From August 2011

(seeing my 12 year old wield an ax was a little nerve wracking, but his Dad and Grandpa were pretty proud!)
Of course, Dad and Grandpa had to show Kyle how to refine his technique...
From August 2011

From August 2011

Alec wanted to try...and if I thought watching my 12 year old with an ax was stressful, that was nothing to watching my 9 year old...
From August 2011


Talia was so sad that L.E. had to be on her leash and tied to the tree...
From August 2011

So she tied up her dog next to L.E. "so she won't be lonely"
From August 2011


Playing...
From August 2011


Heath and Erin (Cole's brother and sister in law) were able to bring their family up as well...
From August 2011

We missed Cole's younger brother David and his family...

Sweet girl...
From August 2011


Beautiful surroundings...
From August 2011


Grandpa helped Kyle to get the fire started...
From August 2011


Me and my best girl!
From August 2011


All the girls took a walk down to the shoreline...(we didn't tell the boys where we were going :) )
From August 2011


Alyssa and I pulled our pant legs up, and all of us walked along the shore line.  I love getting my feet in the sand...
From August 2011

From August 2011

From August 2011

From August 2011

From August 2011

After we got back from our walk, the kids ran around playing, and the adults sat talking around the fire...
From August 2011

And of course, we HAD to have s'mores...it's practically a law! :)
From August 2011

I could seriously eat myself sick on roasted marshmallows...YUM!

And to top off the evening, a Gorgeous sunset...
From August 2011


Thanks, Van and Toni, for a fun night!



No comments: