Journey

Happiness is a Journey, not a destination.


Namaste.

Saturday, October 25, 2008

I'm so tired...

I only got about 4 total hours of sleep between working Thursday night and coming back to work tonight (which is really Saturday now, but to me it's still Friday because I haven't been to bed yet). I had Talia on the waiting list for daycare, but although I tried to think positive, I just had a feeling that I wasn't going to be able to get her into daycare today. Of course, today of all days the boys decided to break the rules and be extremely LOUD this morning, waking both me and Talia up 30 minutes before it was necessary for me to be up. (30 minutes may not seem like much, but every little bit helps). Needless to say, I was NOT a happy mommy this morning. After the boys got off to school, Talia and I actually had a pretty good morning. We cuddled on the couch, and she actually watched a little bit of TV...the Backyardigans (for all you mom's out there). This is exciting to me because it helps if I can distract her for a short period of time...and this is the first time TV has distracted her for any amount of time.

So, I'm 1 hour away from being done with my shift tonight. I'm really struggling to stay awake. At least my commute is only 3 minutes!

2 comments:

Brooke said...

there is something about The Backyardigans that pulls kids in and traps them. when Evan was 6 months old it caught his attention and we've been stuck ever since. :)

Mindy said...

brooke and evan introduced my girls... we love on demand. need i say more?