Journey

Happiness is a Journey, not a destination.


Namaste.

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Vulnerability

So, as I was posting my last post, one of my friends at work was asking me about it. As I was explaining, she asked me why I put stuff out for everyone to read, because it makes you vulnerable. And it's true, It does make you vulnerable. I've been vulnerable several time because of things that I've posted. But I can't seem to stop. The pull of the blog...the catharsis of typing my feelings and letting them out to the world...I've always loved to write. I'm not a story type writer...I do okay with a basic outline, but filling in the details is not my strong point. I've always been better at writing facts and essays. My blog is a great personal tool because I love to write. They always say write what you know. I know my job, my family, and my emotions. So, I guess I've decided that being vulnerable at times is a small price to pay.

I really want to thank everyone who's posted comments of support in my vulnerable times. You made my day. :)

2 comments:

Mindy said...

Sometimes, we need to let go and allow ourselves to be vulnerable. We wouldn't want to be walking around looking like turtles, now, would we? I like that people are able to post their "real" feelings... it helps us to understand one another and help one another better...
love ya!

Rachael said...

OK, I have to say that was the coolest thing I have ever seen. Your house was awesome last night. Kyle looked so cool, especially with the sticks stuck on his face. It looked so real. Your husband scared Hayden, along with all of the skulls and the little shrunken heads.
Hayden didn't know what to think. All of Cole's work sure payed off. That was the neatest thing ever, that made my Halloween.