Journey

Happiness is a Journey, not a destination.


Namaste.

Friday, January 2, 2009

Is It...

Really 2009 already? December just seemed to disappear before my eyes....
I was fortunate to have a friend pick up New Year's Eve for me(thanks Sherri!), so I didn't have to work. We spent the evening hanging out as a family...Cole cooked delicious steaks, we had a bunch of junk food...
We spent the first portion of our evening (the Talia's still awake portion) playing Guitar Hero...

I actually got compliments from Kyle, as my skills have improved...
After we put Talia to bed, we stuck the new "Indiana Jones" movie in, and broke out the board games. Alec took us in "Sorry", and then Kyle and I kicked butt in Mille Bornes. At the stroke of 12, we watched the ball drop on TV, Cole and I shared a lovely kiss, and we went out to light a few fireworks...



Then off to bed we went.

On the 1st, we laid around all morning, and at 3 headed over to my in-laws for the annual New Years Day dinner. I made my Artichoke dip (which my husband says is to die for...it is pretty dang good!), and we had a yummy dinner. I never did get around to taking pics though....

I usually take some time to sit and write in my journal on January 1st...I like to catch up on whatever I haven't journaled on, and I like to write in detail my goals and aspirations for the coming year. I didn't do that yesterday however...but I do have my reasons. I've kept a pretty good "blog journal" this year, so I don't feel like I need to catch up my journal as I usually do. And then, I bought myself this really cool guided journal...to help me keep my goals in focus and up front. It hasn't arrived yet...so I'm ruminating on my goals mentally, and plan to put pen to paper as soon as my new journal arrives.

I'm still having a really hard time believing that Monday is back to "Business as usual"...School, homework, etc. I do have lofty plans for crafting during my 3 day off stretch next week though....

Happy New Year to all!!!

2 comments:

Rachael said...

You guys are so into holidays, you have an awesome family. Jesse's just not into the holidays like that. Maybe when Hayden's older like your boys it will be different.


Oh... what are your crafting plans, I wanna know???

Ally's Corner said...

Look at that snow. My kids would love it. We are lucky to get snow here every four years.
Love your blog background, love purple.
Happy new year!