Journey

Happiness is a Journey, not a destination.


Namaste.

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Preserving Memories...

I've spent over 2 hour since last night transferring all our digital images from CD's to my external hard drive. We bought our first digital cameras in 2003, and I had thousands of images burned onto CD. I originally thought that would be enough...imagine my surprise that after 5-10 years, CD's start to degrade? (who knew, my music cd's all seem fine). Cole gave me the hard drive for my birthday (it was exactly what I wanted!), and I had originally intended to move my itunes music library to it. I haven't been able to make that work yet, but I still have plenty of room...all my pics so far (I have from 2003 to 2008 all saved) only take up 4% of the memory. If anyone out there knows how to get my itunes library on the external hard drive so that I can clear memory on our desktop computer, shoot me a comment.

It's been an uneventful couple of days at our house...Sunday I slept in after working, and Cole took the kids to church. Of course, when he got home, he wasn't feeling good...he caught what Alec had last week...fever, excruciating headache...he even had to stay home from work yesterday. He was really miserable and out of it...I felt really bad that he dragged himself to church. Now I'm just praying that Talia and I don't get it...especially since we have my cousin Andrea's wedding on Friday.
We finally have a new printer coming to our house...as some of you know, the printer that we've had since we got our very first computer, 10 years ago, died last October. We really wanted a wireless printer, so that we can easily print from our laptops. We saw a good deal on one at Costco back in late October, but since then, they've all been more than we wanted to spend. So, we've been limping along...I've been forwarding anything I need printed to my work email (shhh), and luckily it hasn't been much. We saw a good deal on a Canon print/copy/scan for $100 this week...of course, it was out of stock at both Best Buy and Staples. Best Buy was no help...and wouldn't give me a raincheck. Staples, however, was wonderful...they ordered it for me and sent it to my house for NO CHARGE. It should be arriving Friday. Staples had great customer service.

Talia is all of a sudden very into her baby dolls...the Cabbage Patch Kid she got for Christmas, and my very first Cabbage patch kid. She insists on sleeping with one of them, carries them around the house, hugs and kisses them, puts them to bed with her blankie and binkie...and the other night, Cole was teasing her by throwing the baby on the floor...she went hysterical on him.
Some cute pics I got of my kids on Sunday...
Talia loves Kyle, and Kyle adores her right back...

Alec plays his gameboy...

This CAN'T be comfortable, but it's common for him...


Just a side note on a little disappointment...I bought some of those triangle shaped crayons, the ones for toddlers to learn how to hold them correctly. What a waste of money! They have a hollow core, so they aren't sturdy at all. The first time Talia used them she broke 2. Now, most of them are broken, some just from falling on the floor. They say they're for 2 year olds, but they're really not sturdy enough for that age group. She's done better with normal crayons.

2 comments:

Mindy said...

I'll ask Mer about the external hard drive + music.. I have been telling him we should get one, after he's been telling me for a couple of years.. :)

Mindy said...

Okay.. I had to go ask Mer.. he says it might have something to do with iTunes.. they give grief over you not really "owning" your music.. he says if it is a USB external hard drive, you should be able to open it up, create a new file and drag your music files into it.. good luck!