Journey

Happiness is a Journey, not a destination.


Namaste.

Sunday, January 4, 2009

It's going to take some getting used to....

9 a.m. church. OUCH!!!! Great for my kids, not so great for their mommy...who is definitely NOT a morning person. Despite the fact that I did not sleep well last night(my brain wouldn't shut up), and my bad attitude when my alarm went off this morning at 6:55 am (NO ONE should have to get up before the sun unless they enjoy it, like my crazy husband), our morning went rather smoothly, and we arrived at church with 5 minutes to spare. The kids also did much better in Sacrament meeting, mostly because of the earlier time slot. Of course, the flip side is, I chose not to nap, and to organize my "craft" room instead...so my temper this evening is a little short. It will get easier each week....Right?

So, there's been a minor change at our house...Behold...
Before...

The ooze of toys...since Christmas, Talia's room has been a disaster of toys scattered everywhere, and not enough places to stash them. This ooze has encroached into my house, and this picture is actually of what Talia picked up herself on Saturday. Cole kept telling her to take it to her room, and it did make it to her doorway....

After....

The solution...open toy bins. Her toys still need some paring down, I hope to get to that later this week, but it's a start. She can easily get to anything she wants, without dumping everything out at once...although I'm sure she will at some point anyway.



At least she can actually walk on her bedroom floor now.....

3 comments:

Mindy said...

I recognize those bins.. we used them for a good while.. they are so nice and easy!

Rachael said...

I would say that's a lot of toys for one little Princess, but I wont cause Kimberly probably has that much as well. All there stuff in in a toy chest, tubby and all over the kids room. I would love to get one of those organizers but every time I ask Jesse he tells me it can wait.

Aly said...

Isn't amazing how much stuff our children have. Who buys it all? I feel like I'm constantly throwing toys out or giving so away, and still there they are. I think that they multiply!