Journey

Happiness is a Journey, not a destination.


Namaste.

Saturday, May 30, 2009

The best Birthday!

So, I had a wonderful birthday...and it kind of stretched out, which was also nice.
It started at midnight...at work. Of course, transition nursery was crazy busy, so we were all trying to help out, but my great co-workers made sure that we had a "traveling" banana split cart to celebrate...THANK YOU to all my co-workers who pitched in...it was great.

I came home, posted and went to bed. I got up, got the kids off to school and Daycare, and went back to bed, waking just in time to shower before heading off to my hair appointment. I got my hair colored and had a deep conditioning treatment....heavenly. I've been trying to grow my hair a bit, so we didn't trim...just texturized some of the bulk out of it.

Feeling pretty, I headed over to the mall. I had rewards from Famous Footwear, American Eagle, and Victoria's Secret. I bought myself 2 pairs of shoes from FF---a pair of black sandals, and some lightweight shoes for when I work out. Both pairs were on the clearance rack (I have had really good luck with the clearance rack because of my smaller shoe size) and I'm really happy with both of them. I bought a couple of t-shirts at AE, and then at VS....I saw some really cute black with rhinestone guitars lounge pants from the PINK line....but they were $70.00!!!! even with my $10 coupon, I'm not paying that much for sweats, even really super cute ones. I walked over to Aeropostale, and found some much more reasonably priced lounging capris (also with rhinestones, and in that pretty pink/purple color that I've been loving this season), and couldn't resist a couple of their t-shirts that were on sale. By this time, I had spent wayyy more time at the mall than I had originally planned, and had to get home to get Kyle to his end of season soccer party. We dropped Kyle off, and then the rest of us Headed over to Goodwood for dinner...it was yummy. Later we came home, relaxed, got the kids to bed...relaxed some more.....

The next morning I woke feeling refreshed. I spent the day puttering around my house, worked out, made myself a new beaded watchband for my watch..and since it was my first attempt at such things, I felt it turned out really good. Then, some very good friends took me to dinner...



We went to Olive Garden, and shared a great meal, yummy dessert, good(and grownup) conversation...and then laughed ourselves silly getting pics after dinner. We were outside the windows of the restaurant, and people were trying not to look at us...and we were being our silly selves. I'm sure all the similar pics will pop up on a few other blogs....3 of us had cameras with us. (and yes, Julie, I'll make sure to email you copies! :)

Thanks to my husband, friends, and family for all the wonderful birthday stuff!!!!

4 comments:

Six-Pack Momma said...

I had a blast! Thanks for letting me celebrate with you....I'm just sorry I had to cut the fun short. I guess that just means we will have to do it again sometime!

Mindy said...

That was SO FUN!! I am glad you had a good, long birthday! I thought the watch band was gorgeous, but thought it was a gift.. good job on that!

Rachael said...

I like the color... It looks so good on you. Sounds like your birthday was a blast. :)

Julie said...

I had lots of fun! Glad to hear you had a fun birthday.