Journey

Happiness is a Journey, not a destination.


Namaste.

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Product Review - TIGI Rockaholic Dry Shampoo Spray

So, I've decided to do some product reviews, whenever I try something new or find something either really cool or really not worth it. This first product..

TIGI Rockaholic Dry Shampoo
From Product Review Pics


I was really excited to try this. All major stylists stress the importance of not washing your hair daily, that daily washing strips essential scalp oils, and so on and so forth. Whatever. Most of us like the clean appearance, smell and feel of hair that's washed daily. Or, like me, when you wear your hair curly, it's so crazy the next morning, that washing is the only way to tame it. However, I've discovered that when I straighten my hair, I can easily go from 4-5 days (depending on the weather, my workouts, etc) without washing. Now that I've gone such a vibrant red, it fades very fast, so I've been looking for ways to stretch out the time between hair washings (and just so you know, if you're going to not wash your hair every day, it's worth it to invest in a really good quality shower cap, to protect your 'do while still getting the rest of you clean).

It finally came back into stock at Ulta....and I had a 20% off coupon. So, I tried it. What you do is spray it into the roots of your hair, rub in, let it sit for a few minutes, and then brush it out(fyi, the instructions are NOT on the bottle, I had to get them from another dry shampoo I tried). If you want to try it on curly hair, and can't brush it out, you can do it at night, make sure you rub it into the roots good...and then sleep on it. By morning it's absorbed completely and "rubbed out" by your pillowcase.

Well, in my opinion this product works ok. It absorbs most of your natural oil, gives volume and texture, and leaves your hair smelling nice. However, I had previously tried this product...
From Product Review Pics

and it worked even better. The TIGI product was almost $20(without the coupon), and the Batiste product, available at Sally Beauty Supply, was only $7.50. This definitely a case where the cheaper product is a better deal...The Batiste dry shampoo spray eliminated all the excess oil, and I was able to go 2 more days before needing to wash my hair, as opposed to 1 extra day with the Rockaholic.

Despite the disparity in the bottle sizes, the Batiste product was 5 oz and the TIGI product was 6.3 oz. In my opinion, the TIGI isn't worth the money, but if it's all you can find, it does work relatively well. For my money, I'll be buying the Batiste at my local Sally store.

1 comment:

Rachael said...

Huh... I had no clue such a thing exsisted. Now i do, I will have to try it.