Journey

Happiness is a Journey, not a destination.


Namaste.

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Lagoon

Cole's been bugging me for Lagoon Season Passes for a couple of years. We had them the year Alec was born, and Cole took Kyle quite a bit while I stayed home with baby Alec. He really enjoyed it, and now that the kids are older (and thrill seekers like their mom) he wanted season passes again. I was hesitant...it's a lot of money. However, I gave in, and I'm so glad I did.
We knew from the commercials that Lagoon is currently open on weekends. In previous years, this has included Friday nights. So, last Friday night, we went down to get our passes. We were able to get our passes, but the kids were VERY disappointed to learn that they were not open yet...only Saturday and Sunday. So, we decided to sacrifice the yard stuff we needed to get done, and go down Saturday afternoon.
So, after naps, we picked up Subway's and headed down to Lagoon. We had a great time, partly because we knew we only had to stay as long as we felt like it. We ended up staying about 5 hours. The lines weren't too long, we rode a bunch of stuff, and Cole and I traded off staying with Talia in the "kiddie" area, and taking the boys on more grownup rides. We're so excited that Alec is tall enough to ride everything...and so is he. He loves the fast coasters especially.

Waiting in line for the "Jumping Dragon"...something our whole family can ride....

Our boys...

Talia and I...when you're the one behind the camera, you're lucky to get any pics of yourself!

Talia shows some trepidation upon riding the Terror Ride...

Cole got a cute video of her wanting to go find mommy after it was done, but I accidentally deleted it (dang it)...
Talia loved the "dragon fly", the kids version of the swings...

We haven't been to Lagoon in a really long time...I was really impressed with all the upgrading they've done. They've redone most of the kids rides, improving them all, and making it so mom and dad can go with them. They're pretty fun too...Cole and the kids will spend a lot of the time that I'm working and my parent's aren't home at the pool going to Lagoon for a few hours here and there.

2 comments:

Rachael said...

I have been debating on getting the passes for our family. I forgot all about the new stuff they have. Now I just need to get my hubby's approval.

Nathan said...

I'm getting a season pass too! If ya need an extra hand to watch your cute wee one, let me know ;-)