Journey

Happiness is a Journey, not a destination.


Namaste.

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Back to Work

Well, it finally had to happen. I've had a week off work, and it's been wonderful, but I guess I had to go back sometime. And it's been entirely too crazy. Admitting babies, babies not breathing, babies being "naughty" so to speak. It's starting to look like our slow streak is over....and I guess that's ok, because I really can't afford to be called off too much. At least not until I've built my vacation time back up again.

Alec asked me if he could color today. So he got out one of his coloring books, and he was looking back at the pictures he's done, and they're all scribbles (it's an older coloring book). But he doesn't always want to color in the lines, and I've told him that when he colors at home, he can do whatever he wants. So, being the literal child that he is, he said to me, "Mom, it's ok to scribble if I want, because I'm at home." And I told him "Yes, you can do whatever you want with your coloring books at home". And he happily started letting his own creativity express itself on the page. I know that they have to learn to color in the lines, but I feel it takes away from their creative expression to "make" them do it. So, I try to let them do whatever they want when they're at home and it's not schoolwork.

Back to work, we're getting crazy again.

1 comment:

Mindy said...

I'm so sorry... I don't know how you do it! I would have a break-down leaving my kids after having so much time together!